Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ground shrinkage nightmare....

doublerack

I don't know if it's preseason pressure or what, but I've been having nightmares about shooting a sub-par buck. It's the second time I've had this or a similar dream in the last two weeks. It starts out by me shooting a monster buck. One that took a good 10 min to walk 100 yards into shooting range. I glass him over and over... count his points over an over... each time I get into the 20's. Trash hanging all over with great mass. He gets within 20yrds and I lay the smack down on him. He runs over a small hill and I hear him fall. I give him half an hour just in case, then get down, find my arrow and go to retrieve this whopper. As I walk over the hill, I can tell something is wrong. I see brown, but no bone! I walk up on him and swear this has to be the same buck I shot, but he's sporting a 115" 4x4 rack. I have a camera man with me, so we review the footage and sure enough, the buck I shoot was a monster. Now I have a dilemma. I don't' want to tag this deer. For all I know a neighbor could have shot this one and mine is still out there. We decided to be safe and back out. We go back to camp and watch the footage again. This time, we have sound and as we watch it, right after I shoot the buck and as he runs off I can hear him saying "ha ha, ha ha, ha ha...." not only that, I notice that his monster rack shrinks the further away he runs....
Bye now, I'm awake. Just pissed off. Can't figure out what's wrong with me. Why am I having these dreams? Is it because I shot a bigin that was never found last year? Is it because I've been going to bed right after watching a hunting video? Am I pressuring myself too much to shoot big this season? ... Maybe it's from reading Bonkers nightmare post from 2004? Anyone else ever have a screwed up ground shrinkage dream or do I need to seek help?

I think it probably has more to do with the acid hits that you are taking right before bed time. When you look at your camera man, is his face melting off and are the trees dancing with little acorn people? If so, I've had the same dream.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think it probably has more to do with the acid hits that you are taking right before bed time. When you look at your camera man, is his face melting off and are the trees dancing with little acorn people? If so, I've had the same dream.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny!
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Top Bottom