Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Halloween Bucks?!

Bowhuntingboy

I have heard that Halloween has historically produced high numbers of buck sitings and kills. If anybody has any crazy stories to back this theory, I would love to hear them. Does anybody know of any resource that would provide a 'daily' breakdown in deer harvest numbers across history? For example, a hunter could look at a certain date and have a good idea weather it will be productive day based on history. Thanks for any input
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

I've heard the same thing and plan on leaving work early to get in the stand. Based on some other posts it sounds like things are getting good.
grin.gif

October 31, 1981

Killed my first buck with a bow and arrow on Halloween.

You just got to love my "Jones Style Hat"
jester.gif

8371981bow.jpg

I will fill you in on the story tommorrow after I arrow "The King". I wish it would work out like that and could happen but the way my luck is going so far this fall, oct 31 will be just another eventless day this year for me!!!!
confused.gif

I shot a great Halloween buck 3 years ago. I shot him over a scrape on the edge of a cornfield right at last light. I thought that I heard him go down hard just down the creek from my stand, about 75 yards. I met my buddy at the truck and set out to track down the bruiser, about 45 minutes after I shot him; greenhorn mistake-always wait twice as long as your tweeked out buck shaken mind tells you. We started walking down the creek bottom towards where i heard him go down, and we heard an aweful scary noise above us on the top side of the creek; crash-gasp-weez,crash-gasp-weez
bigshock.gif
. We hi-tailed it right back out to the corn field. Niether of us would admit it, but we were both scared to death being Halloween and all. We waited about 30 minutes and went back, and ofcourse it was the buck expiring from a single lung-heart slice hit.

Does Halloween turn out big bucks you ask! I'm not sure. Why don't you check with me tomorrow, but don't try before 10 am. I'll be in my stand trying to put a Muzzy through the big 10 with split brow tines I spotted last month.
waytogo.gif

Attachments

• 35733-BJHalloweenBuck.jpg
    35733-BJHalloweenBuck.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 148
Halloween is a great day, its a day ive seen many big bucks and the day that i really start to get excited about hunting, because i know now the big boys will be out more and more!!! that and thanksgiving day are the two days i would never miss, maybe they are just days everyone can remember , like yeah i saw a monster on halloween where as if it were nov 2 most would most likely forget. all i know is its worth enough to skip math class tomorrow drive three hours and hunt the last two and half hours of daylight!!! go get em boys!!!
smile.gif

Last year my uncle shot a nice buck on halloween morning...i was lucky enough to skip school to witness the hunt. Haha, great day to skip school, i'm thinking about doing it again tomorrow!

Had to check on this post before I head out. Hope a little bit of luck rubs off for my Halloween hunt. Really was not planning on hunting tonite but things worked out at work and here I go. Good luck to all on this Halloween nite.

My brothers (arrowflinger) 10-31-2000 Buck

Attachments

• 35837-J Deer.jpg
    35837-J Deer.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 161
Top Bottom