Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Halloween

I just looked at the weather for Friday and there is a 10% chance of snow. I know it is a long shot, but I am glad that I took the day off. Just wish I had better place for a North wind on private.

Halloween is always a great day for increased activity. Personally never killed anything on Halloween but I still hold out hope. I will be in the stand that day as well and am always optimistic. The closer we get to the full moon the better the activity will get. Just remember the majority of does are bred November 14-17 that's lock down period. Good luck to everyone!

I took the day off and will be in my stand the whole day. Hope to see a monster or two and do little trick or treating of my own.

I will be in the stand all day... I have a lot of corn in around me though, and its been scare so far for deer the few times I have been out. Little bucks chasing though Sunday morning, hopefully this week gets them rocking

Been in this hobby long enough to realize it is to early, but as i am typing this there is a bruiser 8 pointer in my yard following the every move of his girlfriend. He didn't take his eyes off her for the 30 minutes he was there. I know its still a week away but that was a mature deer on his feet at 845. Its close guys!!!

Halloween seems to be magic over the years. I caught my biggest walleye on Halloween 31.5 inch(12 lbs) and shot a nice buck that was chasing does a few years ago as well. There is something about it.

Been in this hobby long enough to realize it is to early, but as i am typing this there is a bruiser 8 pointer in my yard following the every move of his girlfriend. He didn't take his eyes off her for the 30 minutes he was there. I know its still a week away but that was a mature deer on his feet at 845. Its close guys!!!

Sooooo then what are you waiting for? Lots of big deer hit the ground this past weekend, yet I still hear so many guys saying they are waiting....for what?

We get roughly 65 days before shotgun season to bowhunt, of which 40-45 of those are really good.

Not sure why most people throw all their eggs into a 10 - 15 day basket. Youre missing some great hunting.

Good luck fellas

I cant get out Halloween and I am pre-committed to a party bus to Iowa city for the Iowa Northwestern game- so I imagine Sunday evening the 2nd will be my first time in the stand this weekend- either way I am getting pretty pumped!

Sooooo then what are you waiting for? Lots of big deer hit the ground this past weekend, yet I still hear so many guys saying they are waiting....for what? We get roughly 65 days before shotgun season to bowhunt, of which 40-45 of those are really good. Not sure why most people throw all their eggs into a 10 - 15 day basket. Youre missing some great hunting. Good luck fellas
Wellllllll i would be out there but i have to work 11 hours a day lol. Believe me bud id be out there if i could!!! Got some vacation time planned for saturday for a week.

Gotta take the kiddos trick or treating Friday night and work Friday morning but early to rise sat am I will be. First all day sit is the plan, but hope a bruiser wants to shorten it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Gotta take the kiddos trick or treating Friday night and work Friday morning but early to rise sat am I will be. First all day sit is the plan, but hope a bruiser wants to shorten it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

That is exactly my schedule as well.

November 1st kicks it off.

:D
I cant get out Halloween and I am pre-committed to a party bus to Iowa city for the Iowa Northwestern game- so I imagine Sunday evening the 2nd will be my first time in the stand this weekend- either way I am getting pretty pumped!
Dude, I feel sorry for ya and I'm a hawkeye fan.

:D
Dude, I feel sorry for ya and I'm a hawkeye fan.

haha tell me about it- I have hunted already this year- I just meant first time for that weekend If I didn't invite some of my friends and they commit to going already I wouldn't be going- but- not the case. I will just have to settle for seeing all of your harvest pics from the weekend while im at the game.

Right there with ya. My family committed to this coming weekend for our annual family football get together then most of them bailed!! Got $500 worth of tickets for my herd so to Kinnick we are headed - like it or not. I will most likely sit Friday afternoon and maybe Sunday PM. Looks like the temps will really be cooperative for a treestand this weekend for sure. Hopefully the game is worth a crap or my patience with the Hawks will most likely be over.

My coworkers idiot brother in law planned my coworkers bachelor party for Saturday afternoon. I told him I will be there when I'm done hunting and to not have the party bus wait for me. Gonna be hard to have fun when I know I'm getting up at 430 Sunday morning to head to the tree stand unless I get it done before then.

This will be my first Halloween bow hunt since my college years.06 was the last time...I'm jacked up. Taking Friday off entirely. Wife is taking the kids out for treating. So I am free and clear for three days....the weather should be perfect. There will be some good movement with low supposedly being low to mid 30s. 3 am Friday can't come soon enough!!!

You guys giving up deer hunting for the Hawkeyes or football! We need to have a talk soon LOL enjoy the game

I am hoping that it is good. Last night, had what I am now thinking was a 3yr old 8 pt come in to a snort wheeze right before I was about to start rattling. He was pushing a lone doe.

Unfortunately the private that I have to hunt is not that great with North winds. I have one place that is more of a travel corridor from big woods to big woods. I am thinking of sitting that if the cattle are out, but it is surrounded with standing corn.

This will be my first Halloween hunt in so long I can't remember the last time. Everyone pushes you to go out when it is your birthday, this year I finally just said I'll drink if I put one down.

Top Bottom