Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Halo rangefinder

Lucky13

Just wondering if any of you have one of these...I'd like to get a rangefinder and don't want to break the bank....I have found these for about 100$ just wondering if they work well

I haven't used one extensively, but a guy had one at the archery range once and let me look through it. That's all I needed to see. I'd spend a little more for a better one if it were me.

Just wondering if any of you have one of these...I'd like to get a rangefinder and don't want to break the bank....I have found these for about 100$ just wondering if they work well

JUNK......

You get what you pay for, especially with electronics. I bought one couple years back and needless to say it was returned within a week. Terrible terrible battery life and seemed to never be consistent with it's range reading outside of 20 yds. Save your money and buy Nikon or a Leupold.

I have used the cheapest model they make for 3 years. Many times right next to my brothers high end name brand one shooting targets in the yard. Never had a problem with it other than having to pull the battery out at the end of the year or it drains it.

JUNK......

You get what you pay for, especially with electronics. I bought one couple years back and needless to say it was returned within a week. Terrible terrible battery life and seemed to never be consistent with it's range reading outside of 20 yds. Save your money and buy Nikon or a Leupold.

I have to agree. Picked up one last year and compared to other Bushnells, this model is definitely junk.

Never tried a halo, but love my Nikon monarch. Money well spent. Probably 10 years old already; works like brand new.

Agree the Halo is not worth it. If you buy it you'll be back in the market for another one. Optics suck, display sucks. Be patient and keep your eye out. You can find something much better on sale for not much more.

I have had one for about 2 years and it has never worked properly. Wildgame innovations will not respond because they know that they sold a faulty product! They should give everyone a full refund..... Terrible customer service!

I have many wild game innovations trail cameras and I can provide the same quality images as cuddy. So it's all preference. I use Bushnell for my range finder and make sure it has arc technology. Amazon has the new one for 160

I have a halo range finder and I haven't had much trouble with it, I think it was $120 new a couple years back. I've had the same battery in it since last fall and it is still going strong, although the year before it ate a battery in less than a month. On the long range reads it sometimes has trouble picking up distance or takes a long time. (We're talking 170+ meters though). I use mine primarily for bow hunting and in that arena I have no complaints, but if I was going to use it for longer ranges I might invest in a little better quality one.

Bought one last week . it was supposed to range up to 1000 yards. I couldnt get it to range past 265. It went back to the store.

My cheapo Halo took a long bath in the river and after a week in a bowl of rice it was toast so I picked up an Nikon Aculon on sale. I liked the Aculon at first but after using it in the field a couple times it had more trouble obtaining reads than the halo did. I returned the Nikon and dropped the cash on a Leupold DNA and the glass quality and red display are sweet! Low light reads in new hang and hunt stands are no problem now; definitely worth the extra $ if you can swing it.

- put a WTB ad on here- someone has a nice one laying in a spare room somewhere you can get a deal on. I got a Nikon on here and love it. And spent less on it since it was a year old than you would on that halo

Top Bottom