Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hanging stands in Hell?!?

jdg83

PMA Member
Anyone else hanging/moving stands this weekend?

THA4 and myself are going to be down in SE Iowa with forecasted temps of 94 and 96 for Saturday and Sunday.

We might be stupid....

I still have two stands to hang but will not do it this weekend. 100 degrees for Saturday and 98 for Sunday. I think I will pass out on this weekend.

You said it I didn't...

Isnt amazing what we do and what we go through to connect with the almighty whitetail.
confused.gif
Is it really worth it?

Yep, It sure is..
grin.gif

Take plenty of Gatorade and water with you guys!! Don't over do it.

I was out choppin thistels yesterday. When I was done I had planned on trimming a path to a tree I'm gonna put a stand in. By the time I got to the tree I just laughed and went to sit on the deck in the shade. It was only in the mid 80's yesterday, I can't imagine doin it in the mid 90's.

This probably goes with out saying, but hot people tend to make bad desicions due to imparied judgment, so before you shimmy up that tree and try to jump from limb to limb, stop, take a break, rehydrate, make a plan and be safe. You can't kill 'em from a hospital bed.

The 'Bonker

RBB, I only have one tip, DON'T DO IT!!..90+ degrees is bad enough, but try it while wearing a wool sweater. However it is nice in November....hardly ever get cold...good trade-off I reckon.

went in this morning with a buddy in pants and long sleeve shirt...wasn't horrible until the climbing started...but it still wasn't that bad in the shade. The mosquitos on the other hand were a little tough. Carry a bottle of water with you and you'll be fine! Might even lose a little weight!
smile.gif
Still have one or 2 more to trim in though....man, can't wait 'til October!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
but try it while wearing a wool sweater

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you better get some Nair for Men, I'm ready to start hang'n stands. I'm not gonna carry ya back to the truck.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
but try it while wearing a wool sweater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stick a couple leaves in it and you've got some cheap camo.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else hanging/moving stands this weekend?

THA4 and myself are going to be down in SE Iowa with forecasted temps of 94 and 96 for Saturday and Sunday.

We might be stupid....

[/ QUOTE ]

I would go to the Shed Gathering if I were you guys,I am sure it will be much cooler there.
cool.gif
cool.gif

Been there done that. I went out last summer and hung stands for someone else. It was 101 the day I went otu. I just about passed out while hang a stand climbed my big butt down and went home. Then to top it off the guy sat in the stand and passed the biggest buck of his life the day before Rifle season because he wanted a booner! Forget that stuff! There is plenty of time to hang stands. Come the Gathering!

Im in Kansas right now and their weather makes Iowa seem mild! Its hovering right around 100 degrees actual temp down here.
frown.gif

One point - this time of year can also be looked at training for the upcoming season. I usually will walk into any opening day in pretty good shape. For our style of hunting, being out of shape can be the difference in getting lazy or keeping at it HARD all season long.

Sorry guys but until this hot weather passes this is where I will be with the kids and a nice cold one.
1946151115-R1-01-0A_002-med.jpg
31045-cheers2.gif
31045-cheers2.gif

Top Bottom