Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Has it come to this........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deeraddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Now even my favorite beer company is owned by a foreign company........!!!!! What the heck. I may have to go strickly to drinking smaller brews like Boulivard or Linekugels, since Miller has been foreign owned for some time, not switching to that.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080714/anheuser_busch_inbev.html </div></div>

I hate to break it to you but Leinenkugel Brewing Company is owned by Miller, which is owned by SABMiller (South African Breweries - Miller).

Damn..... I may have to give up beer altogether then.... can't stomach coors....
52 million, that would be hard to turn down.
To me it just sucks though. Makes me wonder how much of this country is going to still be owned by our countrymen in the next 10, 20 or even 50 years. With the economy the way it is, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac istitutions each having trouble, what's next?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wapsiguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like you wouldn't sell for 52 Billion? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

Really the more I think about it that may be a hard sell. Honestly thinking of it, I think a Busch family member was still CEO. Being in charge of a company that my ancestors started and as big an powerfull as it is, to me would be a really neat feeling. If the company is still turning a profit every year, I think I would want to hang onto it and have future generations partake in the family business and be proud of the family name. Just my $.02.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deeraddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wapsiguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like you wouldn't sell for 52 Billion? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

Really the more I think about it that may be a hard sell. Honestly thinking of it, I think a Busch family member was still CEO. Being in charge of a company that my ancestors started and as big an powerfull as it is, to me would be a really neat feeling. If the company is still turning a profit every year, I think I would want to hang onto it and have future generations partake in the family business and be proud of the family name. Just my $.02. </div></div>

I am sure August Busch IV agrees with you. Unfortuneately money talks and so do the shareholders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I drink Coors Beer...........................

I never did like Budwieser beers... </div></div>

Miller is in the process of buying Coors. I heard it on the radio 3-6weeks ago.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=673024

Dean

I as well drink Coors.

It's a world economy. Odds are someday it will be owned by some American billionaire. Everything runs in cycles. The Japanese 25 years ago were on a spending spree and bought all kinds of American properties. Most of that is back in the hands of Americans again.

I read somewhere that most Ford trucks are assembled in Mexico and Canada. Then Toyota has all thier trucks built in the US. Whats more American? I don't know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read somewhere that most Ford trucks are assembled in Mexico and Canada. Then Toyota has all thier trucks built in the US. Whats more American? I don't know.</div></div>

Lots and lots of US manufacturing jobs are now in Mexico.

Talk to anyone in Michigan and see how they feel about it...

Working in the US automotive industry right now is downright depressing.

This is what happens when our economy depends on oil, and petroleum prices go up. The only way this is going to be stopped is if the American people start buying products that are locally made, even if they are more expensive than imported products. If the cost of petroleum keeps going up, local products may become cheaper in the long run due to lower transportation costs.

There are plenty of small owned micro breweries all over the nation... the only "problem" is that there is a hops shortage and I'm not certain where the majority of them come from now. I did some brewing last weekend and I'm pretty sure that the hops came from Oregon somewhere.

Granted the brewery was owned/operated by an amusing little Scottish man, but he sure was fun to work with and he sure does know how to brew!!

Muddy's "Baby Out Stout" should be ready to go at the end of September!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Muddy's "Baby Out Stout" should be ready to go at the end of September!! </div></div>

If you just brewed a stout last weekend, it is going to be VERY young at the end of September. Let it age at least until "Babies Out" and it will be much smoother. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I'll second the small microbrew vote, but you have to be careful. Once a microbrew starts making head way in the market share, the big boys buy them out. Blue Moon is one example.

Maybe Sam Adams is the way to go, though I'm not a huge fan. I've been sampling some Fort Collins Brewery lately and like the IPA, though be prepared for the bitter beer face. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Never was a fan of that rice beer called Bud.

Ghosty may have to switch from the mountains of Busch, Beer! (as will I).

Use to consume copious amounts of Coors Light, but lost the taste for it and went to old Buschy. May just have to reevaluate that decision. Will the Clydesdales become glue? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

I had some Capital Pale Ale and an old favorite Point Pale Ale this weekend will in WI...both were pretty tastey. I think both of those are save made in the USA purchases. Definately POINTer beer. No one will ever buy the original recipe for that sludge.

Top Bottom