Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hawk blinds

Huntinguy

Hey guys was thinking of buying a hard sided hawk blind. My question is whether any of you have one? Had any problems with them? Had problems with customer service? I talked to a guy that use to sell muddy blinds this wknd that told me to stay away from that company bc they do not stand behind their products.

So like I said want to know if any problems with hawk blinds and if so how was customer service. I was 99% going to buy one until this other dealer that was closer to our hunting ground told me in his opinion to stay away.

Thanks for the feed back in advance

I would go another route IMO. Redneck, titan, banks, rutted-up, etc.
IMHO- avoid those, muddy, shadow hunter & few others. We’ve owned a pile of different blinds. Just got done repairing some 5 year old shadow hunters (junk brand new) & wish we avoided lower quality brands like that.

I have a couple old shadow hunter blinds. Not bad , not great, they’re ok. Have one hard sided 360, it’s nice, but as 1983 said I had to put it together, ugh. I have two Redneck Buck Palace blinds, they’re awesome. Pricey but awesome.

IowaBowHunter1983 sells Titan in central IA. These are a one piece design. After having a Redneck fall over and explode into a million pieces. The one piece rotomolded design is by far the best route to go.

If a Redneck is staked using the 3 foot by 1.5 inch stakes and anchored using their cable system how’d it fall over?

If a Redneck is staked using the 3 foot by 1.5 inch stakes and anchored using their cable system how’d it fall over?
I've lost 3. Fully staked. I concreted remaining rednecks and switched to Titan. Stakes do not hold up to derecho or straight line 80+ mph wind. That has happened twice in 3 years.

I hear you. Mine survived 80 +mph winds this past June. My woods didn’t do as well. It depends on wind direction, breaks, staking system, blind location etc.

My blind that fell over has zero wind protection. Its up on a ridge and it went flying. The winds were said to be 90-100 mph that day....not a cool feeling at all

I love our Redneck's...

Our's are staked and cabled. 10ft tall bases. The one person I know with the taller base digs a hole and uses concrete as the anchor.

I built my own 6'x8' blind (8.5' to the base) and used 3' anchors that auger into the ground, twisted them in with a crowbar. Two on each 8' side and one on each 6' side. It has survived the derecho and everything else for 12 years. It's on skids so those anchors are the only thing holding it down.

I have a couple old shadow hunter blinds. Not bad , not great, they’re ok. Have one hard sided 360, it’s nice, but as 1983 said I had to put it together, ugh. I have two Redneck Buck Palace blinds, they’re awesome. Pricey but awesome.

I really like the look of the window system on the 360s. Do you feel it's an improvement over the redneck windows?

Are Titan's scent tight? I looked at one at a dealer and there was a definate gap in the door on the particular blind. I've had 20 deer downwind of me in a Redneck with no issue. I insure mine just in case they walk away or a storm takes them out.

Are Titan's scent tight? I looked at one at a dealer and there was a definate gap in the door on the particular blind. I've had 20 deer downwind of me in a Redneck with no issue. I insure mine just in case they walk away or a storm takes them out.
But Rednecks are definitely not air tight....look below your corner windows, there are holes drilled through ...not possible for them to be air tight

Top Bottom