Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Head mounts for sale

tlambert

PMA Member
A guy I know has some head mounts for sale. Anyone know of a place to get rid of them or some guesstimates on value? They're pretty rough but a couple are decent racks.

Those mounts might sell for 100 bucks a piece, you would almost get more if you tear the rack off and sell those alone on taxidermy.net

Since the mounts are a bit older or look to be older, I would agree with ripping the horns off and selling the racks alone. As far as price, it all depends on score unless you have some non typical stuff that doesn't score as high. Dubuque auction is a great place to sell antlers but at the same time, there are some BIG stuff that comes through there and you probably won't get what you want for them if you take them there. Maybe I'm wrong on that, just my opinion. From what I hear, the Dubuque auction is more of a place for collectors to find bigger pieces.

I would wait and sell them on ebay. Prices seem to be a lot higher during or just after deer hunting season. I don't think I would rip the horns off. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom