Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hearing protection???

deadeye

In a blind using regular ear muffs is easy enough. But from a tree what do you like to use for hearing protection? I wear a stocking hat and don't think muffs would be very convenient. Thanks

I bought some decibel cut off earplugs which are nice in the fact that you get normal hearing for the most part, up until the shot. Then they block out the damaging noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using the Walker Silencer 2.0s for a couple years now. I got the Bluetooth rechargeable ones and wear them every single day at work for music when mowing and running equipment. I also use them hunting weather it be for deer in the fall or turkeys in the spring or pheasants to waterfowl. Heck even worse then hog hunting.

They have different settings where you can adjust to certain decibels or even do a voice boost so they are like hearing aids. But man does it make your ears feel better after a day of shooting

I have the walker 2.0 also midway usa had them on sale for $150.00 not sure If sale is still going but they are worth the price tag!

Was just talking about needing something like this yesterday. I use the foam ear plugs on the plastic band for mowing and wear them around my neck for shotgun season, but sometimes don't have time to get them in before needing to take a shot. If I'm on stand and see something coming in from far off, or out feeding, I can get them in. But if I'm still hunting through something, there's usually not enough time. I've wondered how effective the Walker's are, and how much they affect regular hearing while not shooting.

I bought the axil last year and have one hunting day with them. They work pretty well, but it is a little tougher to determine direction of the noise. I haven't shot my gun with them to comment on noise suppression.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Was just talking about needing something like this yesterday. I use the foam ear plugs on the plastic band for mowing and wear them around my neck for shotgun season, but sometimes don't have time to get them in before needing to take a shot. If I'm on stand and see something coming in from far off, or out feeding, I can get them in. But if I'm still hunting through something, there's usually not enough time. I've wondered how effective the Walker's are, and how much they affect regular hearing while not shooting.

I have cheap walker headphones & they are awesome for hearing BETTER!!! U can hear every little sound. Absolutely would be a benefit for hearing deer, etc.
Do the ear buds work same way I assume?? What’s some options for models & prices? I think I wanna get some more/better ones. I’m not gonna use head phones bow hunting so what’s models & prices folks seeing? The walker 2.0 the main suggestion? Or other models & prices appreciated.
I love the hearing protection that actually makes you hear BETTER when wearing them. Only knocks off volume when there’s a shot.

This is what I got. It does help you hear better, but it's s little harder to get actual direction.

This is what I got. It does help you hear better, but it's s little harder to get actual direction.

Does this style of hearing protection work well enough for a large rifle with a muzzle brake? My ears tend to ring a little even with regular ear plugs when shooting my 300 win mag.

Unfortunately I can't comment on that yet. I haven't shot with them, only hunted. I'll use them this year when I check my sight on my 450 bushmaster. It has a muzzlebreak, which is what drove me to the hunting ear protection.

Please take a look at the Howard Leight muffs. They are only about $59.00 a pair or at least the last time I bought them that’s what they cost.

I ran a night time hog hunting outfit for years and that’s what I and my clients used. Never a problem with them and we used them often.

Top Bottom