Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Height from Platform to Seat

ShedderKG

Am I the only 6'2 guy with long legs that can't stand the height of tree stands from the platform to the seat? When I sit down, I am in a 90 degree angle squat position and I feel like i'm sitting so LOW. When it is time to stand up, (especially when it's cold and have a bunch of layers on) I feel like it shouldn't take so much work. Now if you're 5'8, it's probably just fine.

Anyone else noticed this? For those of you who have noticed it, what stands do you prefer to help this problem?

Last edited:
I have the same problem at 6'4''. My old rivers edge ladder stands are the most comfortable and easiest to stand up in with the sling seat that slides back as you stand up. The stands at menards are the ones that get me. Its like they are made for someone a little shorter. I usually just dangle my feet in those. Until I need to stand up. I agree that just an inch or two difference between the seat and standing platform would make a world of difference.

why not add a couple seat pads to raise you up and give a nice soft spot for ya, i have a hang on stand and at 5-10 its a little tall for me, will have to check what it is next time i sit in it.

why not add a couple seat pads to raise you up and give a nice soft spot for ya, i have a hang on stand and at 5-10 its a little tall for me, will have to check what it is next time i sit in it.

That is the only thing I have thought of doing. Maybe get some ply wood and go a couple 2-3 pieces stacked up with a seat on that. IDK...good idea tho. Was just curious if other guys had noticed this same problem.

Don't have that problem at all at 5'8". :) Most comfortable stand I have ever sat in is my Ol' Man Climber. Then you can adjust the platform to where you wish to have your seat. Only thing is you need a straight tree where you wish to be. I'm just getting used to putting it in the tree as well. The 3 inch thick pad sounds like the answer for you though.

Top Bottom