Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help or Advice

charbs82

Hey All. I stuck a really nice 8 this morning at about 10:15. It was an awkward shot, but it was the only way to get it off before he was gone. I shot and hit high. I feel like it was just under the spine so not really good, but it was down the hill so I figured it would have came out the other lung? Waited 3 hrs, tracked blood for 100 or so yds. Blood is bright red with a few bubbles on both sides of the trail. Then it stopped right as the trail splits off into about 150 other trails and opens into a huge forested area. We looked every through the timber and the marsh for 4 hrs. No deer.

Was the shot in no mans land or what do you think? Just really sick right now thinking about not getting him. Thanks for any advice.

Imo probly dead deer could be just ran put of blood would go back where you lost him check every brush pile etc they can hide where you would never believe spots you would think you couldn't hide a ditch tiger lol good luck

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Bright red blood and bubbles should be lung(s). I would guess he's dead but who knows. Maybe start a grid search from the last blood spot......

That's what we were thinking. Probably going to do a grid search tom and see what happens. All I can do is keep looking I guess.

Had the same thing happen. Found no blood and then found him 100 yards away. But I had to walk in circles for 3 hours to find him. He ran towards water.

Top Bottom