Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

help!What can I do to change my luck

bumpbottom

Hunted Sat, Sunday, Monday and this morning north of Coralville with zero deer sightings. Moved stands three times same result.Areas look good with lots of sign, but just no deer. I am hoping not to eat a tag sandwich before I have to go back. I am in early staying late and pretty much deep in the areas I am hunting. Any advice???? Thanks!

Be persistant! The flood gates could open at any time. If you have another area that could be an option. You just never know, a new area just a few miles away could be hot.

You just need to be there when that first doe or does start to give out that sweet scent /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Good luck!

keep at it, this thursday thru sunday will be great!

big cold front comin!!!

I am having the same trouble in my area. Didn't see hardly anything last weekend. Lots of corn and the deer mostly moving after dark. I think the cold weather coming in will help. Keep at it and good luck!

Mostly the same in the NE corner. Mornings best right now. I watched several deer bed down at 3:00 pm Sunday and they didn't move until just before dark. A weather change will likely get things moving along I suspect

Thanks guys. I keep thinking its gonna happen. Gonna try and get in the stand a little earlier tonight.I guess persistance is nthe key

Are you rattling or anything? Last weekend I think I just had to look at the antlers and a lil buck would appear.

I have been having the same time and then tonight was busy cutting wood and let a buddy hunt my stand and of course he shots a very nice buck that I had been watching.

Just my luck

Hunting dawn to dusk and seeing zero movement as well. Hope the rain and wind coming with the cool down doesn't hold em tight for the next couple of days.

I hope the weather theory hold true because I haven't been seeing much activity either and I hunt a highly overpopulated area. Not uncommon to see 30-40 deer in one field at night and lately it's been a small handful at best and very few mature bucks. I think standing corn is a larger problem than the weather right now. Nearest corn to me is 3/4 mile and they have evidently made the journey. I watch the herd on this ground year round and this is the least amount of traffic I've ever seen, and it's during NOVEMBER!! It's odd to say the least.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I NEED SOME STINKING CORN TO COME OUT!!! </div></div>

BINGO!!!!

With the weekend forcast, I predict that more big bucks will be killed this weekend than any other time this season. Hold on boys, it's about to get good!

Top Bottom