Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Herbicide for cedars?

MK M GOBL

I'm in planting some cedars to serve as a visual barrier around a field edge. What can I use to keep the other vegatation down around them to get them off to a good start?

Round Up or any other generic glyphosate brand just don't get any on the trees. I've used a piece of plastic tubing to put over the trees while spraying to protect them and that has worked well. Also don't spray on a windy day.

I've got 1500 trees and almost 1/2 mile of road frontage. I really don't want to spray it by hand. Didn't know if anyone had used Oust on cedars or if there was something better I should use?

I've got 1500 trees and almost 1/2 mile of road frontage. I really don't want to spray it by hand. Didn't know if anyone had used Oust on cedars or if there was something better I should use?

Did you plant the cedars as seedlings? It is going to take a long time to get any type of decent screen from cedars.

I'm in planting some cedars to serve as a visual barrier around a field edge. What can I use to keep the other vegatation down around them to get them off to a good start?

I don't think you want to use oust the first year. I had really good luck with planting the seedlings and following up with spray within a week. The mix I used the first year was 3.3 quarts of prowl (Pendulum) and 1.5 quart of Princep per acre.

Top Bottom