Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

herd seeders? or other good options?

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
Who has em? Like em? Pretty spendy for what they look like...

Looking for something for UTV that I can spread large areas of small seed (clover, brassicas, switchgrass)

I have a truax seed slinger, but the small seed "hopper" is really small so have to stop often.

i have a herd seeder - works great- got tired of the cheap plastic ones failing, falling apart or plugging up - really like the vibrating bar over the seed drop to keep it flowing smooth.

i have a herd seeder - works great- got tired of the cheap plastic ones failing, falling apart or plugging up - really like the vibrating bar over the seed drop to keep it flowing smooth.
How you feel calibration is? Can you get it pretty dialed in?

I purchased one at The Iowa Deer Classic and used it for the first time this week. I basically bought it for spreading clover seed, which I hear is the most difficult seed to find a feeder that spreads properly.
I think it’s a great product, and worked just like it should. It was pricey, but I feel I got what I paid for. With It’s design and craftsmanship I know it will perform a long time.

Which one are you looking at? I pulled one up for $450. That sure isn’t bad!!! If it’s good- very well worth it. I was looking at an earthway one that was over $1500!! So- $450, I’m interested in these too or curious the models.

Top Bottom