Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

He's Home! (Mount pics)

camo658

Well, around March 1, I got "the call" from the taxi. To say I was excited is an extreme understatement. He finished earlier than I originally expected.

picture.php

I was blown away in how beautiful my bucks' cape actually was. I was surprised and I'm extremely grateful for how it turned out. He was mounted on an awesome straight pose form. This form as enough curve in the neck that it makes the deer almost appear alive. It doesn't have that "dead on the wall" look that you get from most straight poses.

picture.php

I loved how the buck had black around the nose afterall! Originally, I thought he did not have that much black.

picture.php

Once again, I'm just totally thankful for the amount of effort my Taxidermist put into this mount.

picture.php

It's too bad that this form didn't have a longer brisket. The cape had more white then the 4 inches shown here...

picture.php

I would recommend this pose to anyone. Also, I would recommend my Taxidermist to anyone living in SE Iowa or state of Iowa for that matter. He really loves what he does and He's quite good at it too. But most important thing is....... he's a Class A person on top of it all.

Thanks a Million, JIM!

UPDATE: Since We are getting close to the 2013-14 Hunting Seasons.. I thought this would be a good time post some pics of Jims work on a wall. I thought the mount looked a lot better on the wall as opposed to being on the tree.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Interesting pose. I call that the "something's not right" look. I've never seen it in a mount but I really like it! The look right before the arrow releases or gun goes off.

Interesting pose. I call that the "something's not right" look. I've never seen it in a mount but I really like it! The look right before the arrow releases or gun goes off.

That's exactly what the form is trying to depict. I'm glad that you recognized and pointed that out. It's the 'the deer has spotted you and Is curious of what you are' look.

camo658 said:
That's exactly what the form is trying to depict. I'm glad that you recognized and pointed that out. It's the 'the deer has spotted you and Is curious of what you are' look.

Yeah most people will not quite get it until its pointed out. Just a little offset in the neck and the different angled ears are awesome.

camo658 said:
Well, around March 1, I got "the call" from the taxi. To say I was excited is an extreme understatement. He finished earlier than I originally expected.

I was blown away in how beautiful my bucks' cape actually was. I was surprised and I'm extremely grateful for how it turned out. He was mounted on an awesome straight pose form. This form as enough curve in the neck that it makes the deer almost appear alive. It doesn't have that "dead on the wall" look that you get from most straight poses.

I loved how the buck had black around the nose afterall! Originally, I thought he did not have that much black.

Once again, I'm just totally thankful for the amount of effort my Taxidermist put into this mount.

It's too bad that this form didn't have a longer brisket. The cape had more white then the 4 inches shown here...

I would recommend this pose to anyone. Also, I would recommend my Taxidermist to anyone living in SE Iowa or state of Iowa for that matter. He really loves what he does and He's quite good at it too. But most important thing is....... he's a Class A person on top of it all.

Thanks a Million, JIM!

I really like that. Beautiful buck.

The form is the curious alert from Revolution Taxidermy. I wish more people knew about these forms, I try to steer all my customers to this company. Gundog870 has a mount posted from Revolution right now too.

Thanks for the compliments from all.

I had fun doing this one for you, Camo.
He made a nice mount for sure.

Jim

Thanks for the compliments from all.

I had fun doing this one for you, Camo.
He made a nice mount for sure.

Jim

Well, It's been a pleasure working with you...Jim. You were really patient during the whole "picking a form" phase. You were also very kind, insightful, interesting and just a fun person to talk to. I look forward to any future meetups and business dealings with you.

Guys, I would really encourage you all to look into/consider Jim Adams studio for your next deer mount. He's a super - friendly guy who just loves taxidermy (which.. in my opinion he's really good at it!). He probably can remount your old deer mounts or racks that you didn't get mounted the first time around.

Jim Adam Studio
Kalona, Iowa
Phone: 319-330-6643

Last edited:
Nice buck. I do like the mount and the pose but the white coming around the leg looks a bit much. Over all its good.

I also do taxidermy in Kalona. I have also met Jim when I was in my learning stages and he is a great guy who will put his heart into his work. He even brought one of his own deer in to me so I can practice on my work. I'm sure he looked at it and said whoa!, I can do better than that! and judging from this mount, I would say he has steped up to the plate and hit a home run. Nice work Jim and thanks for helping me out. I was not surprised you got back in to taxidermy. I could tell the passion was still there. One of these days I would love to mount a deer with you.

Corey

Top Bottom