Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hideaway Deer Classic

Score Guy

If any of you guys are from the Northeast Iowa area and you're not doing anything this weekend, stop into the little town of Ionia, IA and check out the Hideaway Deer Classic. Its a little deer show/contest that I've been doing in conjunction with the local pub owner for the past 4 years. Loren (allamakeegrandslam) is going to try and be there with me to score deer. We get some pretty decent bucks brought in and I know of at least one that goes 196" that he and I measured earlier this year that is supposed to be there. There's some nice prizes put up for the best T and NT brought in and it costs nothing to enter plus its a great place to soak up a couple while talking deer. It goes all day Sat. and noon to four on Sunday. I hope we see you there!

Post some pics after your contest if you have the time,for us that will not be able to make it.

Bruce Kellogg is the bar owner, he is also one the best sportsmen in the area, he sponsors all of the local conservation groups. If you are hungry the bar/grill serves some of the best burgers and ribeyes around. ribeye dinner is 12.00 for a nice steak and potato with salad. Show this guy some support, because he supports everyone, DU,NWTF,Whitetails, PF.Just a true conservationist.

Thanks IADEERHUNTER, you're right, Bruce is a great guy and I can't say enough about his ribeye's. This thing was something I approached him about a few years back with the hope that locally if we could start showing guys what REALLY nice deer look like they might let up on shooting every basket rack that walks by. I don't know if we've accomplished anything but it has produced good conversation on the topic. I'm not promising anything about the deer that will be brought in but I can promise the beer will be cold and the steaks delicous! Stop in and say hi! Bruce and I will both appreciate it!

Loren and I and the rest of the gang had a great time today. Some really nice bucks were brought in. Noteably, the 196 3/8 bowkilled non-typical that I mentioned earlier and a surpising entry by a lady muzzleloader hunter who killed a giant that grossed 189" typical. I can't imagine anything bigger coming in tommorow but we'll see. We must have had at least 3 dozen sheds brought in as well. (Not all this years!)

[ QUOTE ]
Loren and I and the rest of the gang had a great time today. Some really nice bucks were brought in. Noteably, the 196 3/8 bowkilled non-typical that I mentioned earlier and a surpising entry by a lady muzzleloader hunter who killed a giant that grossed 189" typical. I can't imagine anything bigger coming in tommorow but we'll see. We must have had at least 3 dozen sheds brought in as well. (Not all this years!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen that monster the lady shot with a Muzzleloader, it is a beautiful deer, more impressive is the lady herself and how hard she has hunted for that deer. I have never met a more deserving hunter.

Top Bottom