Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

High sugar rye grass

jc64241

Has anyone ever used a high sugar rye grass? I looking at a product called great gains and sweet spot. Seems to be pretty good stuff the only problem is you have to buy the mix because you can just buy the high sugar rye by itself. Has anyone ever used this stuff? I plan to mess a red clover with it.

I know a guy that works for sweet spot so if u want grass only- pm me and I'll give u his info. U can ask him if he can get grass only. I'd personally just buy the mix though.... The turnips will just go to waste and the clovers in it will take and help u out. Clovers in it will b fine & u can add extra clovers that u like.

Yeah I just put an order in for great gains and I will add clover to it. I bought it from my coop. We had al long talk about what to plant on sandy soil and how bad the drought will be this year. Plus rye is just great for the soil. I hope it works. The mix isn't too bad $61 an acre. Sweet spot was $51 but didn't feel like paying for turnips and having them go to waste. And the nice thing is there is some chicory in the mix. Now the thing to figure out is fertilizer. Since its sandy we had talked about multiple doses of it lower dosage to prevent it leaching out of the soil

I was wondering if you could frost seed rye? I was thinking about drilling it but I really want to get it in before weeds really grow

Top Bottom