Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hole in ear deer - trail cam photo

bugs11

Got this in an email from a friend today. Taken last summer in east central Iowa on a farm I hunt. Check out the suspicious looking hole in the left ear, caused by a shotgun slug? And the damage to the other edge of the same ear. Looks like the slug almost took the tip of the ear off. Isn't it nice the buck choose to have his portrait taken?

hole_in_ear_deer.jpg

Cool pic. I remember thumbing through some pics at Ghost's house awhile ago and noticing a doe with the same sized hole in one ear as well. Free piercing!

That is one of my pictures I took with a cheap wildview Camera. I am glad to see it has made the rounds. I think the first place I posted that picture was on Double A Archery's trail Cam picture Website and then maybe later on the ArcheryTalk website.

BUGS11, I noticed you said you hunt the farm where the picture was taken. Do you bowhunt? Just wondering since my In-laws/Brother-in-law rent the farm/timber that the picture was taken on and my son and I are the only ones that bowhunt it at least this year, last year their were a couple of other guys bowhuntng on it but they moved away from the area. Maybe you are one of the many shotgunners that hunt it during shotgun season?

Either way glad you liked the picture here are a couple of more pictures form the same farm.

I don't post on here to often, I have been registered for awhile on this website but I do more looking and reading than posting.

SUNP0092.jpg

dsc_0016.jpg

A guy that shot gun hunts with my uncle shot a hole thru a doe's ear before finally connecting with a good shot. Anyhow, while they were all back at camp- and giving him hell for shooting a hole in a deer's ear- one of the guys snuck out to the corn crib where all the deer were hanging and cut off the pierced ear and hung it from the guys rear view mirror in his truck!

Pretty funny when he hopped back in his truck and saw that thing hanging there. Sweet pictures you got there.

Dean!!! Welcome!!! It is about time I convince you to stop lurking and start responding!! Now if I can just get you to join the PMA!!!

Love the pictures though!

And P.S. Congrats to you and your son(Logan) on your first bow kills this year!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dean!!! Welcome!!! It is about time I convince you to stop lurking and start responding!! Now if I can just get you to join the PMA!!!

And P.S. Congrats to you and your son(Logan) on your first bow kills this year!!! </div></div>

I guess after this many years of lurking I should start posting. I enjoy reading what everyone else writes. Plus it is a Blast seeing you get picked on!! HA! HA!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beau44</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dean!!! Welcome!!! It is about time I convince you to stop lurking and start responding!! Now if I can just get you to join the PMA!!!

And P.S. Congrats to you and your son(Logan) on your first bow kills this year!!! </div></div>

I guess after this many years of lurking I should start posting. I enjoy reading what everyone else writes. Plus it is a Blast seeing you get picked on!! HA! HA! </div></div>

And for 16 dollars a year! You can see tens times the amount!!! LOL and read the shop's INFAMOUS "Hole Digger" episode!!!

A true opportunity to see the "possum chaser" at his best!!!

LOL Welcome Dean!!! Ask your questions, there is a ton of guys here who know there stuff. Tons more than me!! And you don't have to sort through NEARLY as much B.S. as you do on the other sites!(one in particular that I won't mention but it "talks about Archery") /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Heart Surgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A guy that shot gun hunts with my uncle shot a hole thru a doe's ear before finally connecting with a good shot. Anyhow, while they were all back at camp- and giving him hell for shooting a hole in a deer's ear- one of the guys snuck out to the corn crib where all the deer were hanging and cut off the pierced ear and hung it from the guys rear view mirror in his truck!

Pretty funny when he hopped back in his truck and saw that thing hanging there. Sweet pictures you got there. </div></div>

now thats a good prank!!!

sweet picture!

Top Bottom