Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hombrew Camera buck taken

F

fitzt

Here's my story:

11-17-02 Sitting in Stand #8B 4:45 P.M. a nice buck comes down the trail heading to the bottom. I get up & pull back, he comes into the opening I grunt and he stops. I judge the distance at about 30 Yards.
I Miss. Even though I can't for the life of me figure out how. I actually think I see the arrow hit the top of his back.

We got to 11-18-02 Sitting in the same tree stand 5:00 P.M. I look to my Right and there standing 30 Yards is another nice one.

He puts his head up and sniffs the air, looking in my direction.

He still continues to come and stops 5 yards away. Sniffing the ground, where just hours earlier I had walked to cut a few branches. I thought had miss guided my arrow the day before.

At 8 yards I get the chance to pull back as he turns to walk down the hill. I Miss!!!!! I go home and shoot at 10 yards. Right on...

I decided to sleep in the next morning and go out at 8:30 - 11:30 Nothing moved except the turkeys. (Also I stoped by and cleared few branches from my miss the other day.)

We go to 11-19-02 Same area Just different stand. Were are talking 1 acre of ground and I have three stands in this place just because it is a Funnel. I can hunt it any day no matter the wind.

Cody wants me to wait for him because he wants to go turkey hunting. I decide to not wait. He does not get out till 3:30

I am in my stand at 3:15

3:45 I see a doe, and there's a buck not far behind. Binoculars tell me he a shooter. I grab the video camera and get some video of him and the doe.
The doe stays along the river, the buck is heading to me. I grab the bow, stand up he comes by at 30 yards. I grunt, he continues moving, I grunt little louder. He stops I release, I hear the distink thump.

Now the interesting thing about this story is..... I have 6 Homebrew camera pics of this deer back in Sept. He moved 2 miles ..... Now if that is not enough.... Third time is a charm. (Third shot at a deer in three days)
Nov 19 2001 is the exact day I shot my buck last year.
And now get this....... When we get him home. On top of his back you can see where the Broadhead hit his back and shaved his coat....
81902TomLOBowC.jpg
81902TomLOBowD.jpg
81902TomLOBowE.jpg
111902LOBOWA.JPG

That's one hell of a story Fitzt. Do you really think that it is the same buck that you missed Sunday night? Congrats anyhow, that's a nice buck! Sounds like you had some nasty buckfever to miss 2 bucks in a row, but it's better to miss than land a less than favorable hit. Sounds like a hunt of a lifetime.

Nice buck! Glad to see that you took it after you got the pictures.

Top Bottom