Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Home grown giant 474" whitetail

iowabruce

What ever you think about the Whitetail breeding industry really doesn't matter, this is one giant buck from southern Iowa.

Congrats Jeff and Mike on a stud of a 3 year old. Thought some of us on the site would like this picture (even though it's not the best)
picture.php

It is unbelievable that whitetails can grow that big, high fence or not. Are they giving him vaccinations in that pic or sawing the antlers off? Thanks for sharing!

He was getting the antlers cut when this picture was taken. The big boys always get a (haircut) this time of year.

Funny post of the day right there! :way: :D

But I have a serious question...does this buck have a part time as a professional wrestler? What with the mask and all...:D

I was wondering about the mask as well?

Also, how much is a deer like that worth $$??

Come on guys, haven't you ever seen them put hoods or towels over wild animals when they are tranquilized? Whitetails are high stress animals and the hood calms them right down. To answer the question about cutting the antlers......they do it to protect the animals from fighting during the rut. Also these big deer can get infected in the racks from injuries to the velvet ......the infections sometimes kill these bucks in a matter of days, that's what killed my friend's buck Sudden Impact 2 years ago. These animals are worth a bunch of money and every precaution is taken to assure their survival.......

But I have a serious question...does this buck have a part time as a professional wrestler? What with the mask and all...:D

Yeah, I'm going to say he's a Lucha Libre. I completely understand the need for calming tranquilized animals, but he's definitely a Lucha Libre! :D

sequence of events as this deer walks past my stand:
1- pee a little in my camo
2- drop all 5 of my arrows
3- watch him prance away
4- go home and tell my wife I saw nothing today because she wouldnt believe me anyway:way:

Top Bottom