Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Homebuilt Infrared System

T

Tradhunter

Anyone know of a homebuilt system that utilizes a digital infrared system, similar to the ‘GameVu’ system?

I think some digital cameras have infrared settings for night shots. Presumably one would only then need to substitute an infrared flash for the regular light flash in these cameras in order to have an infrared digital photo with an infrared flash so the game is not spooked by the visible spectrum flash.

In principle it does not sound too difficult to do – but of course in practice it’s a different story.

I don't know of any digital cameras, but you can build a video camcorder unit with a sony that uses what they call nightshot or super night shot.It uses infared to record in the dark.You can pick one up at a local pawn shop or win an auction on ebay for around $140.Then buy a pix unit and a case and your set up.Pix=$85 and case around $40.

I have built one of these systems. I used my olympus digital. It works, just not real good. I had to remove the IR filter on the olympus which exposed the ccd to all the ir radiation. I think it damaged the senser over time, needless to say, i have put it back together.
Tracker is right on the video systems. For IR technology its really the way to go. I use a different controller board. This has a servo controller that will turn the nightshot switch on/off depending on if its daylight or not. Works really good. I added a ir array to give my night video some added distance. The sony's built in capabilities are around 15 feet. I get well over 60 with this.
These are truly the cream of the crop trailcam systems.

Top Bottom