Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Honey Bacon Teal....

Anyone out there have any kick A$$ waterfowl recipies... these are honey bacon teal... sliced apples inside. garlic salt , pepper, nutmeg.... drench the outside of the bird in honey and bacon pieces , throw on the upper deck and slow cook for 45 min,MMMMMMMMMMM!

IMG_0031.jpg

I have a ton of waterfowl recipie's, but my favorite still have to be one of the oldest and most used one there is.

Take duck breast and butterfly it. Soak it in Italian dressing for 6-8 hours. Stuff with jalopeno's and wrap in bacon, then put an onion slice and pepper slice on each side of the breast, holding it together with a toothpick. Put on smoker for 40 minutes and serve with cold beer.

Watch out Nanny! Ghost might be headed your way! I took the same style of duck over to his place for a bonfire one evening and it went quick. A few others that had never had duck couldn't believe how good it was.

T250- That looks tasty! My only problem is I can't stand plucking. Might have to set a few aside next year and try that recipe.

Teal is by far my favorite duck to eat. Too bad they aren't fun to shoot at. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Canvasbacks are the best fowl to eat but teal can be great when cooked right.... i have'nt plucked a duck for about 10 yrs!! I wax all my birds, including geese.... Gotta get the biggest pot you can find fill it with water and add parfine wax(splelling?) take an inch strip down the front and back of each bird, chop off legs , wings, take 2-3 birds by head and DIP... then transfer into ice cold water.. let stand for a min then PEEL AWAY THE SHELL... Babies butt smooth!

My favorite bird for eating is a snow goose. Really, you get a breast just a little bit bigger than a mallard, and it doesn't have that gamey, liver flavor that Canada's have.

Second would be woodduck. I think those are the tastiest little birds there are.

I just threw up in my mouth nanny.......wooducks made me swallow it tho. Woody's taste like stake

Sky carp....... I should smack you:)

Do you mean to pluck two strips off the duck? Also, how long do you leave them underwater? I've heard of doing it this way but have never tried it.

Wood duck is at the bottom of my list slightly above mergansers. I lay off the wood ducks in early season b/c of the taste.

Go from butt to neck... an inch strip backside and bellyside, so you can put your thumbs in to peel... Leave in wax 15 seconds ,enough to get covered. then icewater for a minute

I'm joking by the way.

White geese are better than Canada's, but I don't really like either of them.

Favorite list would be

1) woodduck
2) teal
3) mallard, gadwall, shovler, widgeon (I think they all taste the same)
4) Diver ducks (eeew)

We kill about 800-1,000 whites a year and we grind them to mix with dog food!! It's one of the best things for hunting dogs, for endurance and shiny coats:)

Actually nobody in our group likes wood ducks. I'm pretty sure I wasn't eating PuDu's. But I have had Coot gizzards before.

Never hunted or ate duck. Tried smoked goose when i was a kid and i remember it was REAL tasty. That looks like some good stuff 250

Top Bottom