Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hours in the stand...

biggest buck

Just curious how many actual hours each person sits in the stand with their bow. Not the countless hours of stand & trail cam setting, site prep, driving to and from, etc. just the time sitting and waiting.

This year with my bow I'm up to 79 hours seated in a stand.

Not counting this year I averaged 133 hours a year since 07 before tagging out on a shooter buck. This year I got spoiled and tagged out after 57 which is a good thing because real busy with work.

I am well over 100hrs. I lost track on 11/7 and i was up to 79.5 then. I hunted both shotgun seasons and still have muzzy. Still have my bow tag also.:(

Next year i may have to cut back some?? Work suffered this year.;)

I would guess around 100 hours, including 4 all day sits, with maybe a 1/2 break.

2 does harvested and several bucks passed, one miss:rolleyes:

Last time I checked it was about 105 but that was at least 3-4 hunts ago. Probably 110+. Probably in the top 2 yrs for me as far as total hours.

My total time in a stand with a bow this year was less than 10 hours. But that's what you get when you shoot one in mid October. And and having a primary stand stolen on the first trip to the woods..

mudingbuck said:
Not counting this year I averaged 133 hours a year since 07 before tagging out on a shooter buck. This year I got spoiled and tagged out after 57 which is a good thing because real busy with work.

Musing buck how many deer can you guys harvest during the season. We got six this year in Ar. I've got three so far but we have zone bag limits and our Christmas hunt is 1 day away and I'm anxious to go been still haven't got my bow kill
Yet shot two couldn't find our season ends feb 29 after our gun hunt things start winding down but I keep hunting till the end I'll probably end my season with a couple tags but I'm after the bow kill for my Triple Trophy Award time to get after some sheads yep.Conan

Wow, iron butt. Thats 5 hours a day, everyday. Worth it though if you are seeing good outdoor/nature action.

my back is killing me.... :grin: I may not fill either my bow tag or my muzzleloader tag and still won't trade it for the endless experiences this year. Its been awesome.

:way:

Conan said:
Musing buck how many deer can you guys harvest during the season. We got six this year in Ar. I've got three so far but we have zone bag limits and our Christmas hunt is 1 day away and I'm anxious to go been still haven't got my bow kill
Yet shot two couldn't find our season ends feb 29 after our gun hunt things start winding down but I keep hunting till the end I'll probably end my season with a couple tags but I'm after the bow kill for my Triple Trophy Award time to get after some sheads yep.Conan

We can get two any sex tags and depending on the area you can get almost as many doe tags as you want. There is ways to get an extra any sex tag but most of us get a bow tag and a gun tag.

For some reason I stopped on Nov. 24th, but I had just over 84 hours. 152 deer all together 61 bucks/91 does. I didn't count deer I would I would see on corn fields 3-400 yards away off the property.

THA4 said:
my back is killing me.... :grin: I may not fill either my bow tag or my muzzleloader tag and still won't trade it for the endless experiences this year. Its been awesome.

:way:

If you haven't shot any thing in that many hours there might be something wrong. If could be your profile pic too.

Top Bottom