Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How are the gun hunters doing?

K

klg53

Haven't heard much yet this shotgun season, probably because everyone's still out there hunting, but anyways, reply if you've had a successful gun season already.
rambo.gif
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

I hunted on Saturday with my Hawken Smokepole...... saw 5 bucks by 11am... passed up 2 nice 5x5s... one had two tines busted off and the other was a young deer..... I shot a 155" class 5x5 with a sticker (11pt) at 11am Saturday. I will post a picture when I get a chance later....

we got a doe and a crappy horned buck that needed to be taken out of the herd cause he didn't have any potential and we dont want him breeding any more. Should have had another doe that caught me by suprise while sitting in the trailor, took 6 shots ranging from 75 at the first, 50 the second, 25 the third, 20 the fourth, 35 the fifth, then i quick got another shell in while she momentarly stopped and took one last one at about 60 because i though i hit her once so i was trying to put her down for good.........6 shots and nothing to show for it
wall.gif

Sad this is, somehow the Doe was infected. We have no idea how, no wounds we cleaned her not more than an hour after she was shot and she was all discolored and reaked.

huntn4life88
sniper.gif

i got a nice 11 pointer yesterday with the trusty mossberg 695. he came out chasing a doe, and i got him at about 80 yards through the shouder and heart. he went about 60 yards and piled up. he should score in the high 140's with a 19.5" spread. i'll post pics when i get them back.

my group filled out monday morning at 10:30am. 9 does and 9 bucks. 2 crappy racks, i got a decent 9, and 6 nubbins

My dad shot a 140-150 inch ten point, and we got some other tens, and a nine pointer...a few big 8's..2 small bucks, and i guess today they shot some does...great fun...

Huntn4life88, hey would you please let the DNR know about your infected deer. With CWD I don't think we should look at anything like that casually.

Thanks
waytogo.gif

How big was the 9 pointer. Did you see any other big ones.

Ironwood,

They already know about it, that was the first thing that jumped into my head after the fact was CWD. I expressed my concerns to dad and he got the local CO over there on monday to get some tissue samples (coyotes haddn't found her yet), he said it looked like a uranry infection just how it was infected but he still took the samples, well acctually not only the samples, but the whole deer so they coyotes wouldn't spread anything if CWD was the case. What really confused us was that she was very healthy and had a think layer of fat right under her skin nad her chest cavity as ok till you got to the stomach region and she just reaked, i mean we never even cut through the final layer of membrane because we could already smell her so bad and the CO ended up cutting into that to get the smaple of the infection on monday and dad said he's never seen the CO's face turn so white, he went sprinting into the weeds and he eventually came out got the sample and put her in some type of "body bag" he had with him and left. Dad made sure they were upwind the whole time but they still caught a small hint and it was NASTY!! The CO also went and got me a new antlerless tag even though in the long run we didn't need it because dad and our buddy didn't see a thing the rest of monday but managed to help with a 4 man drive where one guy got a doe, but he already has 2 does so he gave it to us so that means MORE DEER STICKS AND JERKEY FOR ME!! might score me some extra points with some teachers too if they get their own little sampling
wink.gif

huntn4life88
sniper.gif

Top Bottom