Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

how big

I'm gonna say he will be lucky to hit 155" gross. I wouldn't even say 150 if his g3's weren't soo long. Not much mass at all and hes gonna be spindly when velvet comes off. Id kill him. Especially if he's that old, you can't wait for him to blow up any more.. I would have only guessed him as a big 3.5yr old if you didn't tell us differently...

He has a 150 frame and if he is a 5 x 5 that's where you start. I have 155 set of sheds on my work bench I am staring at and that is with an average 18 inch frame. That buck will score higher than these sheds. More main beam length on these is 21 inches, those look to be more like 23 or 24 - great wrap. These G2 and G3's are 9 inches. I also have a 165 inch set that is similar to both the kicker is the measurements between points or the girth. You have to figure if you just average 1/2 extra on 8 measurements is 3 to 4 inches. I think your buck will gross 163 and maybe net in the high, high 150's.

picture.php

Last edited:
I'd probably kill him in a moment of weakness.

But the mass says to me young deer with great potential. If you have the willpower to hold off, you could be greatly rewarded next year. I think I just threw up a little typing that. :D

Top Bottom