Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

how hot is too hot

whitetailnut

Want to seed my fall brassica plots this weekend, but forecast is mid 80's for 4 or 5 straight days, possible rain (30%) mon tues and wed, is this a bad idea. Good soil, moderate shade, previous in buckwheat and just plowed down. Will it go, or wait a week???

Temps aren't really a big deal, it's soil moisture that is important. I just planted mine and the soils have plenty of moisture, that alone should insure germination.

Hopefully we'll get timely rains in the coming weeks. Looks like a decent chance Tuesday so..no time like the present! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I had a great day yesterday, plowed down a plot of buckwheat and seeded a round up killed plot, planted a variety of rape/brassicas, field peas and some red clover for next summers plow down. Fertilized each plot with urea (46-0-0)since they are small and the t-storms are rolling in as I type, cant wait for october. I've decided july and aug are worthless, I hate summer. Bring on the cold nasty!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom