Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HOW LONG LIVE? Stomach & maybe liver- PIC!!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Buddy just shot him. We found stomach material. Watery blood. For sure stomach. Not sure on liver for sure. This shot is basically broadside. Tiny bit quarter away- TINY.
How long u guys think he lives???

IMG_6620.jpeg

I'd think that could have still caught back of lungs, I would think for sure its in the the diaphragm. Temps are cold enough that if able to just wait until tomorrow.

Overall, the shot is back but not by much. I agree with some others there is a chance he hit lungs. I think one important question is what type of broadhead? The deer is dead no question but how long it will take may depend on the broadhead. In my experience fixed blades will take a little longer but a larger mechanical will likely result in a faster death. I would give it overnight to be safe unless coyotes are a problem. If that is the case I would maybe see what the blood trail looks like and take it up real slow. That deer will be dead inside 250-300yds unless pushed by something.

Those are the fletchings? Looks like nearly a perfect shot or am I not seeing it right
I think the leg is back so it makes it look like tge shot is further forward, that said, I still would think liver n maybe catch the back of far lung. Depending on how far left the shooter actually is, as compared to the camera angle would make a big difference..

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

On a pure stomach hit, at least 16 hours. From your picture, it looks like a much better shot though and that’s puzzling.
It’s hard to argue with what’s on the arrow.
I would hate to jump him, he’s probably going to bed within 200-300 yards and if not bumped, die in his bed. 8 hours would be a firm minimum. 16 should be a very safe bet.

So, is this a trail camera pic of the deer immediately after the shot, or 100, 200 or ??? yds? It looks like a patch of white on the lower jaw? If the pic was 100 yds or more after the shot, I'd expect to see blood if he caught a lung, or in the very least, not see white? Not a great pic obviously, I'm just trying to pick out what I don't see.
I think it's back 3-4" from ideal, the left leg being back gives the illusion the shot is better than it is. I agree with Daver - 1st thing in the morning is your best chance at recovery from what I see. Good luck!

W
I dont get it...... If I could pin a shot location on a deer it might be exactly where he hit it.....
Was gonna post the same thing essentially. I know the leg is back so maybe double lung but stomach? Wouldnt have guessed that at all. Looks like a great shot

So, is this a trail camera pic of the deer immediately after the shot, or 100, 200 or ??? yds? It looks like a patch of white on the lower jaw? If the pic was 100 yds or more after the shot, I'd expect to see blood if he caught a lung, or in the very least, not see white? Not a great pic obviously, I'm just trying to pick out what I don't see.
I think it's back 3-4" from ideal, the left leg being back gives the illusion the shot is better than it is. I agree with Daver - 1st thing in the morning is your best chance at recovery from what I see. Good luck!
Looks like a still frame from a video camera of someone filming the hunt. I think hes dead already and coyotes and eating

If there's guts on the arrow, that ain't good. I'd wait 16 hrs.
I assume deer lungs operate same as a humans; inhale and the diaphragm goes down, lungs expand with air and fill the cavity. If a deer is exhaling the lungs will be a slightly smaller target, so if you're right on the edge of that zone it could be the difference maker between a good hit and bad hit of the deer is inhaling or exhaling.

Not an expert, but that's something I thought about this year after I got the corner lobe of both lungs and diaphragm on the buck I shot. My deer ran 300 yds and had no blood coming out his mouth, I knew the shot was a touch back, but when I saw the shot in person I was surprised he made it that far.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom