Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How Many Hours?

I am guessing i would have been around 150hrs pretty easy. That is one thing I will do different next year and that is keeping better track of how many hours I hunted and everything i seen each day.

Well I sat for 80 hrs. Saw 5 diff-2 yr old bucks. five diff-yearlings. Six or so does. Shot a 3 yr old, on the 16th. Was lucky I did. Needed fresh meat.Since season had been better than usual sighting wise,, thot I'd get another license and good chance to see an older one. After 16th-Zilch...Only 2 does and same small yearling I'd seen numerous times. Like deer all left or decided time to go on night shift. Have never hunted last two wks of Nov, and guess won't try that again in my area.

I didn't keep track this year but I would guess I was in the 60ish hour range of hunting time. That's about where I was last year and this year was similar.

After my longest bow season last year, this season was my shortest. 2 hours 40 minutes to my biggest buck ever. Crazy how things work. Needless to say I was bored during the month of November.

78 hours was my total in the survey log. Should be adding to it once the season reopens :way:

NWBuck

98 hrs total in a bow stand. Saw alot of up and comers, but couldn't close the deal on anything on my hitlist.

I had 137 hours in the stand. I had to take care of some family business so I didn't hunt past november 11th. I saw several young bucks and a few mature bucks that would only score about 120 to 130. I pasted on a low 150 opening weekend that was a mature buck but I just couldn't pull the trigger that early in the season knowing what could be in the area. Turns out I will be eating some tag soup this year. Oh well at least I want' working!

wow! u guys get out way more than me! i did 26 hrs. this year and that about 8 hrs. more than last year. between 3 kids and a wife (who doesnt think i need to hunt) its hard to get much more than that in.

wow! u guys get out way more than me! i did 26 hrs. this year and that about 8 hrs. more than last year. between 3 kids and a wife (who doesnt think i need to hunt) its hard to get much more than that in.

I remember those days well. I recall one year totaling up my end of season log only to find I'd made it to the tree just 9 times. Believe me, you won't regret trading tree stand time for time with your kids when they're young. It gets better, and at a certain age the kids become your excuse to hunt alot more :way:

NWBuck

So far guess I am right in there with the hours. Would have helped, I know if I had spread those hrs over more stands. I have basically two spots to hunt. My 40 is situated that way. Thick travel down the middle, so I can only sit on the edges. Travel is east to west, so I have to sit on the north or south. Sure,,after awhile my stands got human stinky.

Yea I would love to get out more thats why I'm getting the kids and ol lady into it, she likes it so far hopefully next season she puttin em down too.

Top Bottom