Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

how was early duck?

wegner36

how did everyone do for the duck early opener?

all in all hunting with a few different people we shot 6 ducks this weekend. not too bad, but the weather could have cooperated a little better you know cold and rainy...something perfect like that instead it was a little warm and clear for my liking!!! all of the ducks were woodys. 2 drakes and four hens, the drakes weren't looking to great yet...but it is early! i didn't see hardly any teal and that is what was supposed to be the main entertainment for the weekend!!!!

anyone else have much luck??

Our group ended up with 46. 4 Mallards (2 drakes/2 hens), 2 Gadwall, and 40 teal, two of which were green wings.

Pics in the PMA
grin.gif

not too good hear, ended up with 4 woodies and two teal for the weekend with three guys. o-well it was still fun.

The group I was with ended up with about 25 on Saturday morning, mostly teal, 2 woodies and 2 mallards.

On Sunday morning my buddy & I took 6 teal.

We took 7 on Saturday (1 woody and 6 teal) and then 2 of us ended up with 10 birds in just over an hour (both of us had to be at work by 9:00 at the latest) but the weather and ducks cooperated. 2 woody's and 8 teal

Our group of 7 guys and 1 youngster shot 30 on Saturday and 18 on Sunday. Mostly blue wings, but several greenwings and woodies mixed in as well. Lots of mallards in the area, but they always seem a notch smarter than the rest.

NWBuck

we had some rough luck only around 30 to 40 ducks all weekend. Usually we limit out. Hopefully put the hurt on the geese this weekend. The cornfield is being taken out as we speak.

Top Bottom