Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hows everyones plots looking?

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

ShedHunter1

Just curious how everyones plots are looking?

Our corn is doing great.
IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Heading home its about a mile and a half.
IMG_0047.jpg

Mowed the clover plot last Wednesday and checked on it today, looked great. Our new clover plots we are going to spray tomorrow night few weeds in them.
IMG_0044.jpg

My beans had a slow start but are starting to come on now. I got them sprayed today so hopefully they will start showing up a little better.

2011-06-05_13-55-52_45.jpg

2011-06-05_13-56-36_373.jpg

Last edited:
aweful. Finally just got them in yesterday, and had to broadcast them since the tractor quit working on us and seems like it might be done for the year. We had to drag a harrow section behind the truck to get them in...and we still have 3 acres to plant...gonna start looking for some outside help i think. Stupid tractor.

what you using for herbicides on corn- Round-up OR did you go with some types of residuals?
I am using round-up with Cadet & Dual and the areas that I'm for sure not putting anything else later (such as mowing crap corn & putting turnips in July)- I'm using Round-up, Atrazine, Dual and a bit of Cadet. Quite the cocktail. Your stuff looks great!

Thanks,
It was a hay field last year. This spring we brought the spray buggie through all the sod with roundup. Killed everything dead. We no-tilled the corn. There spraying all the cornfields that were corn last year and leaving the corn that is planted in sod alone. They look to good to smash corn down. 0 grass or weeds. We do use all Ready Roundup corn also. I believe the corn there spraying today is with Harnass.
Sligh1 we have 3 cornfields that are about a quarter acre a pieice right in the timbers 2 are doing very well the 3 is getting hit hard by turkeys and coon. I'm waiting also like you and going to dig it up and plant wintergreens in July. The deer love them on our farms.
The imperial clover and alfalfa is getting sprayed tonight but I'm not sure what my brothers are using didn't get down to the farm tonight.

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom