Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How's the shotgun hunting going?

Buckhunter

How's everybody doing out there?Also just wondering for the guy's that are stand hunting if you seen any rutting activity?I seen bucks chasing does on the 29th of Nov.

No real rutting activity, but did grunt in a couple bucks. 2 does were leading an 8 point and 10 point but when I hit the grunt call, the bucks came right in and the does followed later. The 10 was one I passed on during bow season so didn't take with the shotgun. Hunted all day from my stand and saw over 40 deer. At least 10 different bucks. Couldn't get out today, but will try it again tomorrow.

Took my 11 year old nephew out for his first deer hunt, he got a nice 5 pointer the first hour....no rut activity that I've seen so far...After 37 years of deer hunting, this has been the worst year for trespassers and slob hunters I've ever seen. Chased off nearly 30 hunters and 12 pickups, most were Polk county "hunters"....if you want to call them that...

Rembrandt,
It makes me sick that people like that represent a fraction of us hunters. They are the ones that give hunting a bad name. Hope your ready for this weekend, It will be another memorable hunt. Bye the way, did you ever settle with "The Slob"?
BT

Rembrant, did you happen to be hunting Adams County????

These ASSHOLES sound like the same we had problems with. 14 **hunters**, 7-8 trucks and just walking were ever in the f&*k they wanted to! I walked up to them to tell them that there we already 4 people in the field they just DROVE ON. People that had been in that field since sunrise.

there commment???? Oh, well we have been hunting this ground for 20 years. I replied, really, the owner told me NO ONE had persmission to hunt it other that us. We have been hunting this section for 5 years, the owner is a sweet heart, we have coffee with her and she actually asked us to stop bringing her gifts!

so I asked the numbnut that was driving through the field, exactly WHICH 20 YEARS they had been hunting.

THEN!!!! I told him I was going to get the rest out and to have a nice day, nicely. Gathered my family, went accross the road, SUMBITCHES watched us go in, CAME IN RIGHT behind us and around us.

ALL POLK county. I know several hunters from Polk, all good people not these idiots.

They also told me that there was a field they couldn't hunt this year cause they pissed off the farmer. Color me freaking shocked!

Hunted in Hamilton county in north central Iowa over the 1st shotgun season. We saw as many bucks as we have ever seen, and less does. Our group took a couple of nice bucks (8-10 pts), and let alot of small bucks go. We saw some decent bucks in the open this year. Not many in the timber, but in fields and in the grass along fencerows. The bucks were also sitting very tight, walked up on a small one that was sleeping in the grass at 10:00 Sunday a.m. He just lifted his head up and looked at me, then got up and moved along.

This Weekend we shot a 10-12 year old doe(145+ pounds) a small buton buck, and 2 9 pointers(1 130+ and the other 120+) both still chasing does with very swollen necks IN DECEMBER. All taken within 1/2 mile of each other. Will try to post pictures of the bucks if i can.

Have fun and safe hunting,

deerslayer22788

Well, in my opinion, party hunting can be a problem if you don't respect other groups, obviously. Our group stays about 10-12 guys (1 female on occasion), and we know the groups that hunt the areas around us. We all are familiar with the areas we're hunting, and where the other groups are at. We'll stop and chat as we drive by each other. It's the people who trespass and have no regard for land owners. We have some areas we can't hunt because some misplaced hunters (not our group) have pissed off a farmer's wife.

All the problems we had were in Adair county....it's things like this that make one wonder if party hunting should be done away with....I've seen more bad from that style of hunting than any other technique.

Top Bottom