Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Huge Bird !!!!!!

Y

Youngbuck

My dad and I were hunting along a grassy field and there was a jake responding to us but he wouldn't come. So dad kept calling,soon a he heard a gobble far away. I called a few times too. Well he was slowly coming and the jake kept doing the same. I had been facing where we thought the turkeys would come to. Soon that Tom gobble very close. Dad said I had to hury to get turned around and get my gun pointed to the one and only shooting hole I had. By the time I had got turned around he already walked right by. Then he started strutting in some vey deep grass that he could barely walk in 6 yards away. I couldn't see him but i could here him strutting. Soon there was another Smaller tom that had come kind of where we thought they would be, and the bigger one went after him Dad said " do you want me to shoot?" I said "Ya Because I don't have any shot" I could see out of the corner of my eye the turkey and he shot and he went down. We sat down for a few minutes and tried to get the other tom to show up because he didn't leave. We couldn't and when stood up and started walking to the bird he (the other tom) Took off flying. This was my dads biggest turkey it had a 11 and 1/4 inch beard, Inch and 7/16 spurs and He got it weighed on a certified scale and it weighed 30lbs. 12 oz. the finale score was 82 1/16. It would rank in the top 15 For heaviest eastern.and in the top 25 for score.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com/upics/MVC-008X.JPG[/IMG]
look how much curve the spurs have!

Awesome!!! Congrads!
Took my nephew out this morning up here in Michigan,he is 15, his birthday is tommorow.This was his only chance to hunt on his permit & the last day. The birds started gobbling early on the roost (5:33)& they were a long ways away. We started to work them & they started coming.They had to go thru a valley & cross a creek so I did'nt call to hard so they would'nt hang-up. It worked perfectly & 20 min. latter 4 big toms came in,he took the only shot he could get & dropped one of the smaller ones, 10 1/2" beard & 1" spurs. It will make the CBM book
(Commemorative Bucks of Michigan). The weight was only 18 lbs. They aren't as heavy up here!

I am going to post some more photos as soon as I can.

...great bird, Youngbuck!...you should check out the FREE turkey contest going on at iowaoutdoors.org...you could get more than a memory with a tom like that!...

congrats, it's good to see someone shooting some turkeys, its been a tough year for me, starting to worry about getting skunked for the first time in several years. oh well it's still fun, and congrats again on a great bird.

Nice bird!

-----------------

Have a great weekend everyone, good hunting.

IowaLongBeard

Top Bottom