Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Huge Body or small rack?

BDAHMS

Be here Now
I have looked at this photo so many times- and of all the times he is on camera - it is almost the exact same photo- so no front side photo to compare too

but is this buck better than I think and just a huge body or average body and not as big of a rack???

10389234_813790945024_4194945623362920318_n.jpg

Looks pretty nice to me. What are you looking for? If you are waiting for a 160 inch deer you better keep waiting in my opinion. :)

Mid to high 30's might clip low 40's. That body picture is extremely deceiving when they stand slightly downhill and quartering away just a tick. Id say he's at worst case 3.5. I'd hard a hard time believing a 2.5 year old and even 3.5 year old would have tarsals that stained up already but who knows.

If you look at his ear, its about the same length of his tines IMO. I would say you will have a pretty good deer running around next year if you give him a pass..

yup I agree, just a nice 3 year old. I don't believe his body is that big, just the angle of the pic. Lots of potential right there.

He just looks like he his going to turn into a massive blade tined deer in a year or two. He's got a pass from me :)

He just looks like he his going to turn into a massive blade tined deer in a year or two. He's got a pass from me :)

Well in a few weeks you will have that opportunity to pass him!

He is officially on my pass list as well- unless he walks by my dad- who hasn't ever shot a deer with a bow - he will be getting passed this year (my #1 deer for my dad is the old trident buck I posted the other day - at the other nearby property)

hell yea... that buck would be a great one for anybody! Im getting pretty excited. May have to get the decoy out and give him a scent free bath this evening.. Might stick him in my foodplot in front of a camera just to see what happens.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom