Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Huge spur!

MadisonB&C

Has anybody seen that turkey leg up at Frontier Outfitters? It's tucked away in a corner, but the spur is quite a bit more than 2 inches long! It just doesn't look real!

That turkey leg has been at Frontier Outfitters for several years now. It is very impressive. I believe that it came from a turkey that was shot in Dallas county....

Here are some pic's of some big spur's that I have been lucky enough to have shot,the one on the left came from a bird I shot in missouri about 4 year's ago and it was a couple eighth's" shy of 2"s,it really has alot of curve to it.This old boy only had one spur,the other one was broken off somehow.The other one came off a bird I took two year's ago in southern Iowa and it's just a little over 1 1/2"s,I also just have one spur from him I think I lost the other side somewhere.The other pic is of the bird posted on rainy day bird's,these spur's were right at 1 1/2"s long,he also had a 12" beard but only weighed 20# even.Just borded and thought I would post these for ya'll.If you guy's have any big spur's post'em up I would love to see them,I think that they are the one true indicator of a trophy gobbler!The way I've heard is that a spur is the only sure way to age them as the beard can be worn down and the weight of a bird tell's nothing because they lose alot of weight during breeding and courtship in the spring lovefest.
Good hunt'in
Buckhunter
Big%20spur%202.jpg

Andy%20bird.jpg

These are the spurs of the bird my dad shot earlier in the 4th. season. They are 1 7/16 one is soooo close to an inch and a half.Look how much they curve around! This bird was truly HUGE!! It also had an 11 1/4 inch beard, and a CERTIFIED weight of 30lbs. 12oz.The final score is 82 even.
MVC-005X.JPG

two weekends ago me and acouple of buddys took a bird to get mounted at cally morrises shop in north missouri.they said that last year one came in from south iowa with a 2.25 and 2.5 inch spur.he and his workers mount about 500 birds ayear,so they see a few spurs come thru.these are the biggest they have ever seen.most rooster's would be jealous of this limb chickens spurs. seeya tim

Top Bottom