Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunt report / Rut report

Mature, 5-7 year olds moving, on lower pressure stuff, 30-45 mins before dark tonight. If you don't hunt cold nights and even some super cold AM's coming up.... Come up with my go-to list: "I caught a nasty case of.... 1) Ebola 2) Flesh Eating Bacteria 3) Tuberculosis 4) STD's transmitted through air & being in same room (ok, don't exist but just tell it to the boss)" or whatever other highly contagious disease you can conjure up. Get out when cold and right wind & entrance/exit!!!

Mature, 5-7 year olds moving, on lower pressure stuff, 30-45 mins before dark tonight. If you don't hunt cold nights and even some super cold AM's coming up.... Come up with my go-to list: "I caught a nasty case of.... 1) Ebola 2) Flesh Eating Bacteria 3) Tuberculosis 4) STD's transmitted through air & being in same room (ok, don't exist but just tell it to the boss)" or whatever other highly contagious disease you can conjure up. Get out when cold and right wind & entrance/exit!!!
I prefer, "I've got an eye problem, I just can't see myself working."

I prefer, "I've got an eye problem, I just can't see myself working."

I just called my boss to tell him I was sick (I just wanted to start my vacation 2 days early).
Kevin (my boss) told me I didn't sound sick.
I told him, I'm home sleeping with my sister.......is that sick enough for you?
Kevin didn't laugh but instead replied, go ahead and get your 4 weeks of therapy! I'll see ya after thanksgiving!

I just called my boss to tell him I was sick (I just wanted to start my vacation 2 days early).
Kevin (my boss) told me I didn't sound sick.
I told him, I'm home sleeping with my sister.......is that sick enough for you?
Kevin didn't laugh but instead replied, go ahead and get your 4 weeks of therapy! I'll see ya after thanksgiving!
Laughed out loud on conf call, thanks

I asked my boss if I could work a half day on Friday because I wanted to make an evening sit with the approaching cold front. She said no so I started fake coughing and said, "gosh darn it I think I'm getting sick this Friday". Needless to say I'm getting to work a half day on Friday haha!

Saw a mature buck, that has been completely nocturnal so far, on his feet with just a little day light left when I got home last night.

First night in the stand for me and it was a good one. Deer were moving tonight. Saw 5 bucks and 4 does. All the bucks were young...one was a very nice 8. One of the does got to 20 yards and earned the right to wear my doe tag. She barely got out of the plot, and left me a very easy to follow blood trail.

Out this morning in SE Iowa/Lee county... had a small 6 point at first light, and a little fork horn harassing a doe a little later. He didn’t persue her too hard though. Just a quick scent check and let her go. Took a break to warm up in the truck and take a little siesta and then head back out for he evening...

• Deleted by Big Benny
  • Reason: Too many pics
Show…
Holy cow!!! Or “horse”. 2 giant body mammoths.
I picked wrong spot this am. 1 racoon, 12 does and small bucks. lil slow. I notice pressure falling - so maybe a lil knock on movement but giving whirl tonight.

Last two days have been hot the first and last two hours. Young bucks chasing does this morning and does were everywhere. I decided to check the wind and let go a handful of milkweed early this morning. Watched it sail into the CRP field behind me where nothing ever comes from. Perfect I thought, until I saw a shooter right in line with my drifting milkweed. Lol. C'mon man!

It was slow am down in south Central Iowa. Yesterday afternoon was good movement I didn't c any chasing or that.

Hey guys can u say in all ur post rough area be helpful.
Thanks

• Deleted by Hardwood11
Show…
  • Deleted by Hardwood11
Show…
  • Deleted by Hardwood11
Show…
Top Bottom