Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunter's 1st Bird

Husker

PMA Member
Wisconsin had it's Youth hunt this weekend, a weekend I'd been looking forward to for some time. I was finally able to take my 10 year old out for his 1st turkey hunt. I had to work Friday night so I got home and crawled in the rack for a quick nap and was awakened at 11:15 after a 4 hour nap. We got our gear loaded up, hopped in the truck and away we went. By the time we got to the farm, walked in and set the blind and deke's it was just shy of 1pm. 1st gobble heard was around 2pm, we took our turns calling back to the 3 different birds we heard and then an hour or so later we had one coming in. He skirted us, and stayed in the woods, with a quick "chinese fire drill" in the blind we were able to get turned around and just peek out the window with the gun and enough room for him to locate the bird. He was at 12 yards in full strut on a logging road. The 20 gauge barked and Hunter had his bird. 22 lbs. 10" beard and 1" spurs. Total hunt time just over 2 hours. 1 happy kid and 1 real proud Dad!

picture.php

Top Bottom