hunters education

16point

how do i become a instructor for hunters education who do i haft to get ahold of to do so . cause i really want to be one. cause i enjoy doing that type of stuff

16POINT, I don't know about Iowa, but where I grew up in NY, there is no real requirments, just interest an dedication. My grandfather taught hunting safty for years and was soley dedicated to getting youngsters involved with the sport, he worked his way in by belonging to a conservation club and after years becoming Pres of the club and he'd have kids day fishing derbys and small game hunts with interested kids and really had alot of friends that where conservatin officers. I loved helping him out when I was younger getting everything resady for the big day. He also taught bow safty as well. I would contact a local DNR or the NRA. Maybe BlindSow, could guide you the right direction or contact your local hunting club, maybe they can offer somthing to get you started with helping and then down the road run your own show. Good luck in your search. Hope this can help...

...16P, get a hold of your district's DNR Recreational Safety Officer (RSO)and they will get you the info you need to have and know...the RSO's are listed in the Hunting & Fishing Regulation Booklets with the Conservation Officers...

...requirements include: application, back-ground check for game violations, assisting with a course, and taking a new instructor's workshop...

Back