Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Discovery Thoughts

limblounger

Curious what others thoughts are around the recent discovery (by hunters) of what is believed to be the two girls from Evansdale. Regardless of if it was the girls, I personally would be pretty shaken stumbling upon any human remains or body while in the woods. I don't think it would deter me from hunting in the future, but it would always remain in the back of my mind whenever walking the timbers. Tough thing to have to deal with for the hunter(s), I imagine.

Horrible. I didn't hear this news. Pretty sad.
About 5-6 yrs ago a personal buddy of mine found a skull in the woods in MO.

At least the family can have closure now. I know several wildland firefighters who have come across bodies in various states. I'm actually surprised I've never come across one. One one archery hunt, I came to a site where a local kid was killed over drugs. Way too creepy for me and I haven't been back to hunt that area since.

While checking traps in high school I found the the remains of a dead infant, it still bothers me sometimes and that was 7 years ago.

It's a big longshot, but I hope the authorities can find some sort of evidence useful in bringing this wack job to justice. Maybe he made the drop more recently so that DNA will still be available???

It would definitely startle me pretty badly and probably remain with me for a long time. I just hope there is some way they can figure more of the case out from this discovery. It's sad that any hope is now lost, but it is closure. I don't know what I would do having a daughter possibly alive and in the hands of a wacko.

I wonder how far off of a roadway or whatever they were found? Too bad someone didn't get the perpetrator/s on trailcam or something.
About 10 years ago or so, some people I know found the body of a woman while shotgun deer hunting just north of I-80 by the Wilton Rest Area. A while before she was found, there was an abandoned car with a suicide note inside, but authorties couldn't locate the body. I think they found her out in a switchgrass field with her wrists cut and a utility knife by her.
It definately would be weird to find something like that.

I have found three different abandoned meth labs while shed hunting but never a body. It does give you an eerie feeling standing there imagining what has been going on there and what might have gone down if I wandered through while they were still cooking. I feel bad for the people of the town and the families of these young girls. I have a gut feeling that this was not some psycho passing through in a white van but someone close to the girls that did this. Sounds like some of the parents were mixed up with some shady characters at one time or another. :(

the gazette online has arial photos. the were not to far from a turnaround in the park where people have been camping and fishing all fall and summer. ( i hunt the area)

Top Bottom