Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting in 20mph winds?

393ed9701f3433c97c4fe18191a3c8be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was afraid of that. “Knocked him down” likely hit the spine bones. Direct hit, stays down. Lower hit to spine bone likely hits aorta and bleeds out in minutes. High spine hits bone enough to shock the nervous system and backstrap enough to bleed well (for a while)... Then they recover from both and walk away. I seriously question all the “experts” with their “when in doubt back out” mantra. Not always the best approach! If I know where they are I’ll always try to stalk in for a finishing shot! Good luck finding him but I suspect he lives... Good for him, but bummer for you. ☹️

Damn you, HorseDoctor.

Sorry... not wishing you anything but good luck. Just stating my opinion based on 45 years of large animal medical experience & over 55 years of hunting lottsa deer, a few elk (& one moose). DTDT!!! Really do hope you find him, one way or another...

Sorry... not wishing you anything but good luck. Just stating my opinion based on 45 years of large animal medical experience & over 55 years of hunting lottsa deer, a few elk (& one moose). DTDT!!! Really do hope you find him, one way or another...
Thank you, sir

Thank you, sir
Still searching......after reading up more on this kind of shot and replaying the moments after I really think the entry was below spine and exit was top of lung. After watching him stand there, I was looking at his exit side. It was certainly under the spine. Not sure if that would have clipped one lung or not but surely should have severed that artery. Don’t know, just typing out loud to make myself feel better

Top Bottom