Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting journals

deerhunter93

I am regretting not keeping track of all my past successful hunts and now I want to start keeping a journal of every hunt I go on. If you keep a journal, how do you do it? Is it a simple pencil and paper type thing or a word document on the computer? I don't have a smart phone so I don't think an app would work well for me.
Thanks for the input!

I take my personal camcorder and record something every sit, my kids may want to see it when I'm gone.... I love watching them from time to time and looking at some deer I've passed

I've always kept one with just paper and pencil. I write down every hunt, where I sat, weather conditions, any notable activity, etc. I like to read through it every now and then, it's good for reminiscing.

Pencil and paper. Date, farm, wind, stand, activity, and a little bit about the hunt or what's going on in general... all that plus the camera is usually rolling.
Its a blast to look back in after a few years. Note equipment and such

I keep a journal on my phone. Where I sit, the time I get to my stand, weather, what I see, the time I see them, and rut activity I see. Basically any observation I make so I can go back and look at it the following year. I found an app this year that I am going to try out for this.

I keep a notebook. Date, location, weather, sightings, . . . . It is nice to go back and look at the history.

Top Bottom