Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting land around Des Moines?

Deaner

I think I am going to get back in the saddle and try to go turkey hunting again. I haven't been turkey hunting for 3 or 4 years. I've done all of my Turkey hunting in NE Iowa north of Decorah.
The way my family relations have went down hill so to speak...I will not be hunting back up there with my dad this time around...
I'm looking for turkey hunting ground around Des Moines.
I was just wondering what people thought of the public hunting around the Des Moines area.
With turkeys, they are just so hit and miss every year. I just think it would be hard to pattern them and really pin point they're locations unless you know the area really well. Plus I'm nervous about stumbling over someone (litterally) if someone else is out there!
What would you all do just drive up and down the roads in the mornings and scan the fields and then try to gain access? Back home every one knows everyone so it is easy to gain permission. I'm just really nervous knocking on poeple's doors I don't know...
What are your thought?
Does anyone know of any hunting land I can check out to gain access to?
You can PM if you want.
THANKS!

Top Bottom