Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Land Prices

BOWDUDE

Anyone have any idea what the price of hunting land is going for??? I haven't shopped around for over 10yrs, but I don't have time to upkeep my place and my dads health is making it hard for him to keep up.
I am thinking of throwing in the towel and selling out.

Bowdude:(

Depending on what you have, I'm guessing $2,000-4,500/acre range. Others probably know more than me tho. Check out the hunting real estate sites, but then always remember asking price isn't always what they get!

All depends on how many acres you are talking about. Your smaller pieces are VERY expensive right now. Anything above 50+ acres is going anywhere from 2k-3,500. All depends on what you want for tillable/timber

Everyone,
Thanks for the info, I will have to factor in a cabin and some other amenities but prices are not that far off from what I was thinking.
Bowdude

Not sure if you said the size of yours or not but I have heard from a good source that there is a high demand for 100 acre or smaller parcels.

Prices will not fall. A piece in my area just sold for 3500/acre. Mostly timber with small fields within. Keep in mind folks will pay a lot of money for recreation or to be entertained. Hunting is a form of both. To have a piece of heaven to disappear to and not be bothered is worth a ton to many. Of course land is finite and people will pay to have some. Awesome investment. In 2008/09 when the market crashed rec land was steady and increased a bit.

My buddy's Gpa just sold his 130 acres 4 225,000 $ year and a half ago, mostly timber boarders the river, has maybe 20 acres tillable on top of bluff, had a house, garage, a barn and old hog barn on property,also a 3 acre pond, so is say he didn't do to bad for only wanting 180 thousand, sucks that his health made the finally decision but that life, and it was for the better( he was born on the kitchen floor 70 years ago) sec generation owner, Bummer to here u might be letting ur land go but the extra $ will b nice!!

Our farm is in appanoose county on davis county line almost 60 acres and 55 being timber we paid 1750/acre just over 5 years ago I'm sure its going higher now well into the 2000/acre I would guess

Land has continued to climb and Is solid investment don't know your situatuion but if property is paid for my want to consider holding on to it as prices show no signs of comming down. I have couple of buddies who have been wanting to lease some ground near me as my 60 is not big enough and I try to keep pressure to a minimum. Could consider leasing and have tenants take care of property plus puts a liitle cash in your pocket each year and u keep farm. Just a thought

looking to sell my 180 in SE Iowa. I am looking for Bigger and just a little closer to me. No neighbor problems and more diversity than one guy can even hunt. I still am in awe every time I look at it. You will not see another person once you get on the property. potential is limitless in this area and many big bucks have been seen as 2 weeks ago me and a booner met face to face at 10yds on the ground. PM me if you are SERIOUS and want to buy.
PIC24_zps3392c893.jpg

Last edited:
Try the guys at Whitetail properties. That's who I bought my land through and they are well known due to their tv show.

looking to sell my 180 in SE Iowa. I am looking for Bigger and just a little closer to me. No neighbor problems and more diversity than one guy can even hunt. I still am in awe every time I look at it. You will not see another person once you get on the property. potential is limitless in this area and many big bucks have been seen as 2 weeks ago me and a booner met face to face at 10yds on the ground. PM me if you are SERIOUS and want to buy.
PIC24_zps3392c893.jpg

Please don't take this the wrong way but the deer in the pic is not a booner.

Land value is in the eye of the beholder. I recently paid what I thought was maybe $500-$1000 more per acre for 93 acres of good timber. It bordered my ground and I knew once sold I'd likely never get another chance at it. Landowner liked me (I cut his trails and watched over the place for trespassers) so he gave me first shot at it without going to a Realtor or auction. Needless to say his family wasn't too happy not to get a shot at it.

Top Bottom