Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting License

buckhunter24

PMA Member
I was just curious as to what a non-resident deer hunting license cost? I heard they were 300 and somebody else said they are 200.

buckhunter24, the NR deer licence cost is $ 220.50 for an either sex, this includes the General Hunting license and the Habitat fee. It cost $ 150.50 for the Antlerless only with the General Hunting license and the Habitat fee. Click the link for more information and If you decide to come and hunt Iowa I hope you have a great time. License Fees

the way I am reading the application, the $220.50 is for an any-deer license, and in addition to that, you have to buy a small game license for $80.50 and a habitat fee of $8.50.

iowadeer, please let me know if I am reading this incorrectly?

I think Adamo is correct about having to buy the general license and habitat stamp as well.

Why would you have to buy a small game license for ($80) if you're not hunting small game? The last i knew whitetail were considered BIG GAME!!! Does anybody have a logical answer. Thanks for the info.

Buckhunter24, I believe the DNR established this requirement (small game license) to offset a recent license cost increase bill that failed to pass
kickass.gif

My buddy and I bowhunt Arizona every year. We're required to buy a regular/small game hunting license($113) in addition to our deer/elk tags.

Called mine in on Sunday and the total cost was $320.01. That included small game license, which, apparently isn't optional.

One Cam,

The Iowa legislature made the decision to make the small game tag a requirement when purchasing a nonresident deer license. It was not at the request of the DNR.

Doug Clayton

State Conservation Officer

Thanks for setting us straight Doug. We really appreciate your insight and knowledge on the site, it tends to keep us in facts(case in point).

Thanks again,
OneCam

I wonder how many out of state liscenses will be handed out this year. What did they up it to with SF18?

Doug, was just wondering if our preference points are valid in any zone? Or do I need to keep applying for the same zone in order to keep them?

Your preference points go with what ever zone you are applying. They don't stay with just one zone.

Doug Clayton

State Conservation Officer

Top Bottom