Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Pressure

It did when I hunted it from 02-06. Still killed birds but there is pressure there. The river usually floods too making it a bear at times.

Theres always birds to chase. I can say out of the 15 years ive been hunting the area ive only ran into a handful of guys. Now granted im not going to park somewhere where there are a bunch of cars and head in when I know theres hunters. There is always some where where there wont be vehicles. Just gotta do some studying.

Most heavily hunted county in Iowa, 2nd to that would be Polk and Story county. You have high high concentrations of people in this part of the state. During the weekend seasons there will be a vehicle most instances at least 2 vehicles both saturday and sunday. Save yourself the heart ache and head south. People seem to be much more willing to let you hunt and the turkey population though down in many southern tear counties, still trumps any population around these parts.

Top Bottom