Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Tags Drawn

Zim

Anybody draw any special tags this year?

Found out yesterday I beat 1% nonresident odds and drew a New Hampshire bull moose tag for October 20-28.

Nice dates won't interfere with my Iowa zone 5 hunt ~ Nov. 3-17.

Then just Illinois deer before, between & after these two. Now hoping I don't draw in Oregon nor Wyoming. Should know results Monday.

Funny how things work out. I have a ton of points out west and applied for several hunts with 50/50 odds and a Utah deer hunt with 90% chance, yet failed. Then fall into the NH tag despite horrible odds. On top of that, drew possibly the best of their 22 zones - C2. That is a trophy quality hunt. Talk about a 180 degree change in plans.....literally......NH instead of UT. :)

Last edited:
Drew a Kansas archery deer tag (no surprise)
Drew a Montana archery deer tag (yay)
Hoping to draw a Wyoming Antelope Tag

Got my archery bull elk tag for September down here. Finally checking 2 trail cams this weekend!

Huge Congrats ZIM!

Drew-
NM archery ELK ( guessing this was about 15% chance at best)
KS Whitetail (100% odds)

Struck out on-
AZ- Elk
MT- Goat and Sheep
NV-Elk, Muley, Mt Goat, and both Sheep species
UT- ELk, Muley, MT Goat, sheep, and Bison
WY-Elk
NH- Moose

Still pending draws-
AZ-sheep
ME- moose

Points Only-
AZ Deer
WI Bear

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Congrats, Zim! I'm slowly warming up to the idea of a moose hunt, never thought I would try it.

I drew a Wyoming archery Elk tag for this fall, so that will be it. Found out I'd been drawn before I applied to NM, so skipped that app.

Huge Congrats ZIM!

Drew-
NM archery ELK ( guessing this was about 15% chance at best)
KS Whitetail (100% odds)

Struck out on-
AZ- Elk
MT- Goat and Sheep
NV-Elk, Muley, Mt Goat, and both Sheep species
UT- ELk, Muley, MT Goat, sheep, and Bison
WY-Elk
NH- Moose

Still pending draws-
AZ-sheep
ME- moose

Points Only-
AZ Deer
WI Bear

I would laugh my arse off DOR if you drew even half of them. :grin:

risto2351 said:
I would laugh my arse off DOR if you drew even half of them. :grin:

Got lucky drawing the one I did. Its an ongoing battle if you want any shot at hunting outwest. Gets harder to draw a tag every year so you have to have lots of spoons in the pot to get a single taste.

No quota means you can buy over the counter. Other zones have to be drawn. Some of them you can draw almost every year, others it takes two and rarely three.

What reservation Blakesburg? Are you going with an outfitter I assume?

Results are out for the WY antelope draw and I go a pref point so I will be going next year instead. Oh well, that give me more time to do a bear hunt in August in Ontario.

Congrats on the moose tag! How many years have you applied?

This was my 15th year applying. They started a bonus point system 9 years ago. I had 8 points.

I won't bother applying there anymore after this year. Not interested in getting back into the system starting with zero points now. That would be like 1,000 to one odds. Just a bad investment. I will enjoy my hunt and come home. Should get Maine someday with their system.

I got 5 USUCS yesterday in Wyoming & Oregon, which was good, so my season is set in stone. I am very happy with my results, but will find myself longing for the Rockies in September. Oh well, will get to go out west next spring for my neice's wedding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom