Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

hybrid oaks

Instead of using marker, that seemed to wear off so I just indent the tag using a regular pen so it stays on there for sure.

I peeked into one of my hybrid oaks in a tree tube this morning and it was almost half way up the tube already (in MN). I was happy to see that---I can't remember the name of the variety either, shoot should have written that down. I think it was a Burenglish?

Instead of using marker, that seemed to wear off so I just indent the tag using a regular pen so it stays on there for sure.

Yep...that's what my son does on his trap tags :way:

I peeked into one of my hybrid oaks in a tree tube this morning and it was almost half way up the tube already (in MN). I was happy to see that---I can't remember the name of the variety either, shoot should have written that down. I think it was a Burenglish?

Sweet! I attached some tags to the stake/post on the tubes this time around! ;)

Has anyone ordered trees from Mossy Oak? The tree website is http://www.nativnurseries.com/ there are several different kinds of named hybrids on the website, there are also some trees that acorns were obtained from truly heavy mast producers.

If anyone is interested in wanting to try out some trees and be willing to be a field tester and keep up with and report back with their findings please let me know. These are trees that were mostly grown from acorns whose parent trees are from down south, the hybrid trees seem very hardy, so far there have been people to try them as far North as Michigan but it has only been for a couple of years so far, and would like to try some other areas. Down here in MS some of the trees have started producing acorns in as soon as 3 years, I would think that would be pushed back a couple of years further North due to the shorter growing seasons, but that is the kind of information that needs to be researched, especially compared to trees that are native to the area, would like to find 2 or 3 people really interested who would be able to track progress of these trees for several years. Just send me an email if interested. Thanks.

I have not tried Nativ Nurseries, but would like to see if they have some hybrid oaks that grow in the northern climates.

Top Bottom