Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hypothetical: if money was no object

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
If you could do anything you wanted to your dream hunting farm what are some crazy things y'all have thought of?

I've always thought about powered zip lines or underground tunnels to blinds/treestands... haha

What ya got?

I"ve thought about the underground tunnels for access as well for years. I think i really did even see an article somewhere once with pictures where a guy had put large black plastic culvert piping like 100 or so yards through his property that he crawled in to access a stand.

If money was no obstacle. I'd love to have more land, a nice morton/shedhouse living quarters on it, all the equipment needed to do everything from plots to timber work. Blinds, more stands, nice shooting range, host 3d shoots, have a couple nice ponds stocked full of fish.

Well I planned on winning the lottery this last Monday and that didn't happen so neither is my dream farm ideas.

But for the sake of dreaming. The obvious one 10x more land than I have now, huge pond or two, living quarters to eliminate the 45 min drive at 4 am, and tree spade thingy to transplant larger trees is something I have already thought a lot about.

Easy, a Vail feeder for each farm and it would take the money is no object theory to keep them full year round.

I would buy 1000 acres, pond, house/shouse, bigger tractor, drill... all new stands and safety straps/lifelines... and I am sure the list will go on forever the more I think...you know what they say, dreaming is free

I would have more land and my neighbors' would be rich because I finally caved and paid them the outrageous numbers they want. Other than land I would be upgrading and getting more equipment.

I’d buy a COUNTY! :). Get hundreds of dudes I know & trust to manage sections of it- on full time salary with bonus’ paid on results. Strict rules on age, shooting mgmt bucks, does, doing food plots & habitat work, etc. We’d take in hundreds or thousands of free hunters but have to shoot based on plan/right deer.
I personally think, when I own my own county…. I’d have multiple deer 250” EVERY YEAR. Think it’d take a decade & it would produce a 300” deer. Those sound like “insane claims”…. & I agree they are. But @ 500 square miles, we’d be about 320,000 acres. Would have 1-2 full time guys per square mile perfecting things. Unlimited supplemental feed. 100 acres of diverse plots per square mile. Proper doe shooting. Aggressive Tsi practices.
Talked to Elon earlier today…. He’s interested & I need to make the calls to see if i could get several thousand land owners to name their price!!!
Even if we had to do $20k per acre for brushy junk land in worst counties…. It’s still only $6.4 billion dollars!!!!!! :) ;)

Top Bottom