Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hypothetical Question

Hanyak

If you could only do one of the following what would it be and why?
Shed hunt, mushroom hunt, or run trail cameras?
Tough question, but I would run trail cameras because it is like Christmas each time I check the cards and it helps me understand what bucks are on the properties I hunt.

cameras.... because seems like lately everyone else has more time than me to shed hunt... and after the tresspassers have gone through, nothing left to see... so cameras for sure

Shedhunting! I love it, its always a surprise to find one! You never know what your going to find.
Cameras would be second.

Tough to decide, but I suppose cameras. It can be just as exciting to check cards, but man is it great to lay your hands on a shed that you know is truly one of a kind.

Shed hunting all the way! Mushrooms are ok but one you eat them you have nothing to show for it. I agree checking trail cameras is like x-mas but at least you get to hold your presents at Christmas! Trail cameras are really like shopping for x-mas, you have a wish list but sometims you dont get what you want!

Shed hunting for me. It seems I have no time for it anymore and it is a great time of year to be in the woods to scout. I have never really gotten into cameras much, too depressing knowing what is not there lol. I would rather think there was a big one around then know there most likely is not.

That's a really tough one. I'd have to say she'd hunting. I love checking cameras but I don't look at my pictures everyday (except the one on my desktop background) but my sheds I see and hold all the time. WAY more gratifying having something to hold and play with.

Shed hunting for sure.:way: Shed hunting doesn't cost anything, their batteries don't run out, their memory cards don't mess up, I don't forget to turn them on, and their customer service is not a pain in the butt to deal with!:grin: I'm alergic to mushrooms.:confused:

Trail cameras for sure. I can buy mushrooms and my sheds just sit there all year with all of my other ones. Checking cameras is way more exciting to me. But I do love to mushroom hunt!

Trailcams! I get to see trespassing shed and mushroom hunters. :mad: :way:

And its a year round deal with trail cams. Like mushroom hunting people seem to think its ok to trespass for sheds. Full camo and no gunfire. :(

Well I believe I am a majority of 1 on this. I would pick mushrooming. I look around some for sheds while hunting mushrooms but don't ever go strictly shed hunting maybe because deer horns don't mean that much to me. I have never had a trail cam and would much rather see the deer live while scouting or hunting. That way if a big buck shows up I am thrilled, rather than knowing that he is around because of a picture and being terribly disappointed because he DIDN'T show up. It would be like x-raying all your Christmas gifts and then being disappointed Christmas morning that you didn't get something that you thought you should have.

Top Bottom