Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I couldn't wait !

Shovelbuck

With morel season about a month away, I had a hankering for some. So I took some of my dehydrated ones and made some morel, egg and ham burritos! Awesome. :)
DSCN1405.jpg

Have you ever tried browning them a little but not cooking all the way and then stick them in the freezer? I have an uncle who does this and he says it holds the flavor better than dehydrating them. I always want to try and keep a few for later on in the year but I always seem to eat them:D

Have you ever tried browning them a little but not cooking all the way and then stick them in the freezer? I have an uncle who does this and he says it holds the flavor better than dehydrating them. I always want to try and keep a few for later on in the year but I always seem to eat them:D

I think I've tried every method for preserving them there is, including that one. None of them are as good as fresh.:( Your uncle's method is a good one though. Dehydrating beats out the other methods with longevity though. I dehydrated these in 2003 and they are still very good.:way:

Top Bottom