Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I have Hope for next year!!!!!

BowHunt'nFool

Here are some pic of a buck I got on the 28th of January. He is a main frame 8 with a split bow tine and a sticker coming off his right g2. I got 17 pics of total as he feeding for 45 mins. Iv also got several smaller bucks that have shed already. I hope this buck drops his antlers soon right in the corn! (KEEP DREAMING) Also here is a pic of some darn tree rats. Man I hate these things I get between 100-200 pics of these guys a day! Do you guys get alot of pics of tree rats? If not how do you keep from getting them
? Thanks alot!
408trail_camera_435-med.jpg
408trail_camera_444-med.jpg
408trail_camera_448-med.jpg
40810_tree_rats-thumb.jpg

Nice pics!
You dont have a treerat problem yet, ive seen some pics with over 20 of them at one time over a corn pile!
grin.gif

That is dang good buck I would be excited too. I think I would be heading out with the .22 after them rascals lol except it only seems like you see them when you are huntin and you think they are that big ole daddy come to ya.

Renobber

Great buck! Maybe it's just the angles, but he looks a little goofed up on his left side. Adds character
waytogo.gif

As for the tree rats, I had one doing the same thing to my dog food recently. Damn thing even learned to push the door open on the automatic feeder. After several warnings, I finally had no choice but to take him out
rambo.gif

NWBuck

What is that the 2005 Fox Squirrel round up?
grin.gif

I would say you have something to look forward too...keep that corn out there and get those sheds!
waytogo.gif

As Arnold would say, "the squirrels must be Terminated Now!" Those darn things will eat those antlers quite fast. I found a fresh shed last year that was so badly chewed on that there was only about 2 inches left!
rambo.gif

Cool pics, and good luck on that bruiser next year. As for the tree rats I have used a small live trap to re-locate them before. An ear of corn or a slice of stale bread with some peanut butter works good for bait. I agree that an antler dropped in that area may become a quick dessert for those calcium craving little buggers.
grin.gif

Can someone explain why it is that a squirrel will gobble up a shed antler in no time at all, but will not touch an antler attached to a skull
confused.gif
confused.gif

NWBuck

My guess is the smell of death and the frequent visits from predators,opposums, fox,coyotes,hawks,etc.. must play a roll in keeping them away. I have found a few that have been chewed but probably after the rotting flesh is all gone.

As far as squirrels not eating antlers with skulls attached...my guess is they feel the skull is looking at them. ???????

Looks like you are gonna have an awesome squirrel season next year.
smile.gif
Hopefully that big buck doesn't scare them all away
smile.gif
beerchug.gif

You had better hope that buck does not shed in the corn pile...imaging the shed disappearing as the pictures are taken...like time lapse photography.
grin.gif

Nice pics! I love the squirrel one,lol! Are those fox squirrels" Here in NY I hunt gray squirrels and we have little red squirrels.

Top Bottom